“Excellent Express Hotel for Pets too!”

Holiday Inn Express Greensburg
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Greensburg
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Express Hotel for Pets too!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a great little hotel. I give it 5 stars not because it's a 5 star hotel, but for its class and rating, it's an excellent property. Everyone on the staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, the bathrooms were very clean, the beds all have fresh linens with no yucky bedspreads. The breakfast was great -- we were asked multiple times by staff if everything at the breakfast bar was okay, if we needed anything. When a person in a wheelchair arrived, they offered to help as some of the items at the breakfast area were beyond her reach.

The rooms were quiet, and I love that people weren't super weird about our dogs! Sometimes you get the stinkeye, even though you know that your dog is better behaved and cleaner than many of the guests. I didn't feel like I had to scurry in a side door with my dog to avoid being scowled at!!!

MOST IMPORTANTLY: IF YOU GO HERE, GET CARRYOUT FROM EL REPARO!!!! Honestly, we live in the city with plenty of authentic Mexican food, but the Mexican Carnitas Tacos at El Reparo were to die for... see my review of the restaurant, which is close and worth a few minutes drive to carry out or dine-in!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Orem, Utah
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This motel was every bit as good as the best of the dozens of experiences I have had with this motel group, in the U.S., China, Japan, and Brazil. The staff at the front desk was very professional, the rooms were spotless, and the check out was trouble free. Should I be traveling in that part of Indiana again in the future this will be my first choice for accommodations. The location was easily accessible from the major highway in the area but I did not notice any traffic noise during the night or early morning when we departed. As always the included breakfast was a good or better than any comparably priced motel.

Room Tip: When in doubt choose a "name brand" motel which has good in the past! I have traveled worl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2013

OK, it's a Holiday Inn Express, not the Ritz. But this is what the Holiday Inn Express is supposed to be. Clean, quiet, slightly upscale, and generally pleasant. I paid $87 at the last moment. My room was much nicer than I expected and house keeping was perfect. Compared with other Holiday Inn properties I stay in, this was the best value and met/exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights.
The rooms had a large number of sockets which is very good and a printed list of TV channels another plus but it was noisy.
Bangs on the ceiling at night, noise in the corridors.
The staff were friendly and there was an efficient express checkout, even if the print quality was rather light.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greensburg, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear ISOTS1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I am glad that our you found our staff accommodating. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for the noise challenges you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. Hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very pleased with our stay at this hotel. Stayed here during a baseball tournament weekend and despite the crowd, the staff was extremely pleasant. Not once did a staff member not greet me when they would see me. Very clean, and roomy. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Its a gorgeous hotel, more like a new Hilton than holiday inn express. I went out of my to stay here over other holiday inn expresss. The elevator is miserably slow, get a room on the first floor over it. If you use special rates for rooms bring the proof. They are tough on it. They have a full hot cold pantry of food and drinks. Great pool area. A great stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hudson, Iowa
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been staying at this Holiday Inn Express routinely for the past two years on our trips to our second home in South Carolina. The main reason I chose it was because it was pet-friendly, but it is much more than that. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and very quiet. The bed is great, and for us, the staff have been outstanding - - -always helpful, always welcoming, even when we pull in at 1:00 A.M. or later. The fact that there is a restaurant right across the parking lot ( certainly a passable buffalo wing-type place) is doubly nice because we can call in an order and have one of us simply walk across the lot to pick it up while the other person stays with our dog. It is far less expensive than any hotel around Indianapolis - - -for an extra 30 minutes out of the city, you are getting a bargain with the quality of the rooms at this rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank iaillini
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Hampton Inn and Suites - Greensburg
Hampton Inn Shelbyville
Hampton Inn Shelbyville
#1 of 6 in Shelbyville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greensburg? Share your experiences!