“Dirty room in need of repairs room 120”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Greensburg
INDIANAPOLIS, IN
“Dirty room in need of repairs room 120”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Looks fin outside and it was just over $70. Went to take a shower and water come from under tub and all over the floor and carpet. Wall in bath has mildew on it and shower curtain too. Coffee pot still had coffe in bottom with grounds. Cig burns on vanity and long black hairs in sink. Chairs at table had white stains on them and lamp was tarnished. Pulled bed spread down and the top sheet had brown stains on them, and hair in bed. Needless to say I left and spent $89 at the Holiday Inn Express and that room was in tip top shape. I told the girl at the desk about problems and all she said is that I will note it. She was not authorized to give a refund and call back for a manager. I will say that it is under renovation she said but, it needs a complete overhaul and do not stay in room 120.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 120 it is very bad.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hartford City,IN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Old pressboard furniture that has been wet,stained,etc. The cheap brass lamp are all pitted. The Internet worked good. Keys didnt work at first. Yikes. It is OK for Construction workers but if you are looking for comfort better find another......Like the Holiday Inn Express down the road...

Room Tip: Lots of Trucks. You wont find a room that is far away from them. You will probably need to ask for a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mark d

Travelers are raving about these Greensburg hotels

Knoxville,TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

This place is really run down. They are rennovating but the place needs a complete make over. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 66Traveler
Vincennes, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My husband and I arrived a few hours before check-in. I asked the receptionist if we could have our room early because my husband had become ill. She called housekeeping and our room was ready within 25 minutes. The hotel as a whole was very clean. Our room was nice and spacious especially the bathroom. Very nice amenities for the price. The key card enrty for the side doors was a nice security feature. The hotel is also very pet friendly. We will stay here again when we are in the area. The continental breakfast was okay but there are plenty of places to eat in the immediate area. Nice location and plenty of secure parking.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

First, the receptionist was wonderful, very professional and friendly. It was about 40 degrees outside and IN THE ROOM. I had to wait over an hour for it to get warm enough to dress for bed. The internet connection was on/off. The television reception was awful, but I'm not sure if it was the service or just a worn out TV. The "easy chairs" looked like Salvation Army rejects...dirty and worn out. The round table's top wobbled so bad that I spilled my drink twice! The towels were cheap, thin, small and "scratchy". The hot/cold thingy in the tub has a hair trigger, it's either scalding or freezing...once you get it right, be careful not to back against it, or you're cooked (or frozen)..but plenty of hot water. The breakfast buffet wasn't bad...assorted pastries, cereals, juices, milk, coffee and fruit. But when I saw the bug crawling across the counter I put it all back and opted to wait for McDonalds after checkout. I live in hotels about 340 days a year and I would expect this for a $30 or $40 a day room, but not $75, which is what I paid!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Shaggerdood
Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2008

My husband, a friend, and I stayed at the Lee's Inn Greensburg and found the room dirty and the place run down. I found a liquid ant trap by the bed and when I picked it up I got the liquid all over my hands. This could be a hazard for children. We would have been better off to stick with the major chains.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — dirty room/ ant trap
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Travel209
illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2007

We had been on the road 12 hrs, a storm was coming, and this was the only place which would allow our beautiful, well-behaved pet. I have NEVER stayed in such a dump! And at $70 something, it wasn't a cheap dump, either.

The shag carpet was filthy -- I wouldn't put it in a dog's house -- and the whole room smelled heavily of carpet granules. The wallpaper was peeling, the furniture was stained, the tv was straight out of the 1960's, the toilet had black mold, as did the shower curtain. The sheets, however, looked clean ( I checked for bed bug tracks and there were none) as did the bedspreads. The towels also looked clean, but when I dried my hands, they came away with long auburn hair on them.

My husband commented that he couldn't believe I didn't walk right out, but with a pet, you are sort of stuck if you haven't planned. The place looked decent from the outside, and I had pretty much begged another hotel to let our dog stay, to no avail. I will purchase one of those "vacationing with your pet" books the next time so I won't be stuck playing "track down that referral."

We skipped the breakfast buffet in the morning, because with rooms that look like this, who knows what would be in those muffins. The pictures on this site must have been taken when the place was built because they absolutely don't reflect our experience.

I wrote the owners about the deplorable conditions, but they never replied.

• Liked — location right off the interstate and near restaurants
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
7 Thank jaxon41
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Greensburg
#2 of 2 in Batesville
Comfort Inn Shelbyville
Comfort Inn Shelbyville
#2 of 6 in Shelbyville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!