“Chicken OK but there's better out there”
Review of Fireside Inn

Fireside Inn
Ranked #31 of 59 Restaurants in Greensburg
Description: Casual dining experience. Known for fried chicken. Wednesday night is Catfish Special. 812.934.4174
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I heard about this place out in the middle of nowhere — it's really not worth the 40-plus-mile drive that I took to get there — and it's expensive. I got 2 small breasts of chicken, which were $6.50, and the sides were extra. The draught beer is cold and average, price-wise. But the entire time I sat there eating my chicken I kept asking myself, "what's the big deal about this place." The answer is: "Nothing." It's an average restaurant out in the middle of nowhere that "think" they have the best chicken around. There are better places out there. Dessert menu was limited (I'm still looking for a restaurant in Indiana that serves a good sugar-cream pie ... isn't that your state pie?) and the bartender was an old curmudgeon who needed a hearing aid. I will not return to this place.

1  Thank GentlemanJim62

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I went here few times as a child,but when I started dating my now husband 10 yrs ago he kept talkin about chicken house he always went to since he a young boy & his family has family get togethers at. He took me here had been very long time. The chicken is AWESOME!!!! we just get chicken & fries,but my husband usually has to get a order of fried shrimp. It's kinda pricey,& out in little town in the country. But very worth it. We can't wait to return!!!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is just a country chicken place, If you like chicken an a small selection of salad bar, an a beer then this is the place......Interior has not been changed in 30 years , You will not need to dress up for this one, Nor would anybody care. the chicken is good an the beer is cold...salad bar could use some help.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a great little hidden gem in a town called Enochsburg, Indiana. The food is wonderful but my complant would be that they have no meal/dinners option on their chicken. Everything is purchased seperately unlike most of the chicken restuarants in the area. But still very worth the visit and ***You must eat the onion battered fried green beans.***