“nothing special”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Greenfield
Reviewed November 30, 2010

We were coming home from a trip to see family and I had checked out prices on the internet for different hotels in the area. When we got close, I had the wife call for reservations, the gentleman at the front desk was very helpful and said they had a casino package that was even less than the internet price. The room was clean, front desk friendly, shuttle service to and from the casino quick. The only thing I didn't like about it was the smell of smoke in the non smoking section we were in. For the money I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2010

Nice Inn along I-70 just East of Indianapolis. I would've rated trhe room higher, but the refrigerator made a noise that was just loud enough to wake us up through the night. I told the desk about it, but I felt that it shouldn't have been that way in the first place. Good value for the price with a light breakfast available in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2010

It was quiet,comfortable, and relaxing. and the price was right.
we have been in motels where the maids were vacuming and slaming doors, and calling to each other at eight in the morning.
we would stay there agin. The staff was courteous and helpful. Thanks again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cyberannie
Reviewed April 13, 2010

The employees at front desk - 1 @ night, 1 in a.m. - were courteous and helpful. The hotel surroundings were clean and tidy. Easy access on/off interstate 70.
FREE internet service was not working at arrival time @ 6 p.m. Was working at 6 a.m., when departure was necessary and no time to use it.
Elevator wasn't working and handicapped family member had to use stairs to get to 1st floor in a.m. What would happen for someone in a wheelchair, if there was a fire?
Air conditioner was so noisy had to be turned off and it was uncomfortably warm this night.
Overall, worst stay in Comfort Inn ever. Other locations, in past, were pleasant.
Was reimbursed $10 for room charge - wasn't enough!
Feel it is the owner/manager of this particular establishment, not the franchise, as a whole.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
gm-in086, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Everything fine & working now. Things & machines unfortunately do breakdown sometimes. We try our best to fix as fast as we can.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

I think it would be nice if hotels would have air fresheners in rooms, my room was very stale. I had a can of Lysol with me so I was ok LOL, the rest of the room was average though. I stayed two night at this hotel, my first night was not very cozy, irresponsible parents letting their kids play in the stairwells and screaming through the halls at midnight even! The halls offer thuderous acoustics, the water pressure is weak, and the air circulator was very noisy. My room had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and a iron and board. The bed was an average King with a half dozen pillows. I found the office chair at the computer desk very nice and the recliner was nice also.
Was close to Indy so done some shopping and sightseeing, and visited family. My favorite fast food joint White Castle is just steps away as well as Cracker Barrel.
WalMart and other shops are just blocks away also and easy entrance and exit to I-70.
I didn't waste anytime taking photos of this place cause it's nothing to brag about really, just your avarage Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank imsfan
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Garden variety motel. Quick checkin and quick checkout. Plenty of room. The indoor pool area was clean but we did not use it. The room was clean enough. Some of the furnishings were showing the after effects of lowest bidder syndrome. Convenient to I70. The breakfast area was well stocked and kept up with but there isn't much room to sit so plan on taking it to your room.

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank whichwaydidtheygo
Reviewed August 10, 2006

We stayed in this motel for one night as we traveled from Kansas to Pennsylvania in July 2006. It was decent but not great. Our AAA rate for two queen beds was $71, which is probably a little high for the area. The rooms are small; the property does not have rollaways no doubt because there is no place in the room to put one. We have 3 kids and brought our own twin air mattress and the only place we could put it was right inside the room door by the bathroom. The bathroom was also quite compact.

There is an indoor pool but it also was fairly small. Breakfast in the morning was basic continental fare, no fruit but it did include make-your-own waffles. The eating area was very small, only 4 or 5 tables.

On the positive side, it is across the parking lot from a Cracker Barrel restaurant and a gas station, and a Walmart and Starbucks are only 2 blocks away via a frontage road. It is easily accessible from the interstate. The beds were good, and were queens instead of doubles. The room was also acceptably clean.

You could probably do better than this hotel, but you certainly could do a lot worse.

2  Thank SwedishMom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Quality Inn & Suites Greenfield
Hampton Inn Greenfield
Hampton Inn Greenfield
#4 of 7 in Greenfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!