“"Many Areas of Concern"”
Review of Indianapolis KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenfield
Indianapolis KOA
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Beware of premier sites. They have very nice paved patios, however, the first "premier" site that they assigned to us only had a sliver of grass and faced nothing but weeds/overgrown brush. My husband requested they relocate us to another site that had the additional space that is advertised for these sites. They promptly accommodated this request, but just know that every “premier” site may not be “premier”.

Most of the roads are not paved in the campground, and the "gravel" they used almost seems to be broken up blacktop in large chunks. We have been taking our dog to campgrounds with gravel roads for years, but this is the first time that our dog had discomfort walking on the gravel. Many areas of the roads are washed out and the gravel is very unevenly distributed and hard to walk on for both dog and human.

WIFI is extremely poor, and we were never able to get service during the four days we were there.

The lower section of campground floods. On the last day we were there, heavy rains forced us and everyone in our area to either leave or relocate to another site in the campground that was on higher ground. While the campground can't control weather, be aware that in heavy rains you may spend one of your vacation days hooking up and moving your camper to dry ground rather than spending time doing something more enjoyable.

Dog park is large. The fencing is picket with large spacing. Unfortunately, during our first evening, we were walking past the dog park with our dog and a man with three dogs was inside. His dogs were aggressive and squeezed through the fencing and went after our 12-pound dog as we were walking by. When we finally were able to remove our dog from the attack, the other dog owner would not cooperate and give his name or site. We went to the office and reported the incident. The office worker was not sympathetic to the situation, and would not give help us identify the man with the three dogs. When I asked her for a phone number for the local police or animal control, she simply handed me a phone book. A man was sitting in the corner of the office at the campground computer. I did not realize he was the owner, nor did he offer any assistance. When I had difficulty finding the appropriate phone numbers, I went back in to the office. While speaking to the office worker, the campground owner finally got off his butt and immediately gave me the numbers for local police and animal control. It would have been nice if he had offered this assistance the first time I was in the office.

The next day I needed to have my veterinarian’s office fax info to the campground. When I went in to ask the office worker for their fax number, she had no knowledge of it. Then I asked her if she could receive faxes. She was not sure. She did not know how to load paper into the fax, and said they may not even be able to receive a fax. I told her that my vet had also tried to e-mail info to the campground's e-mail address. She said she did not have access to that e-mail account, only the owner did. Later I overheard (from one of his kids) that the owner was not available because he was still sleeping (it was 10:30 a.m.). So be aware, this campground is not up to speed on basic technology and customer service ranks far below sleeping in for the owner!

In summary, this campground and the "service" provide by the owner and workers was disappointing is so many ways. We will never return.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank 9MyOpinion

Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stayed here a year ago and came back simply to be close to Indy for the holiday, and because my wife really liked the dog run. proof that one persons' bad is anothers good. We think the run is just fine since it's big enough for a dog to actually run. Too many runs are built for micro-dogs and not much else.

The "remote" sites are fairly nice but about half need to mature before they will have any shade to speak of. Can't call that a negative since planting full grown trees just might be a bit problematic.

Bathroom facilities are really unacceptable. There are'nt really enough for the main side of the campground let alone for the remote side which has none. to top that off there are no golf carts for rental, and none allowed period. (Continued)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tgreening
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stayed in a lodge which was amazing. It was super clean and I could keep up on work due to the wifi that was fast & worked well. At night, we enjoyed picnicking on the patio, watching the sunset from the deck, and then sitting around the fire. Of course, we had to feed the horse (bring apples or carrots).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank mikey43085
Reviewed July 28, 2010

This review has goods and bads so please read the whole review.

Goods:
- Very nice campground, scenic, close to highway; wireless internet is available but, see bads too; pet area is large and fenced but, should be cut in half (to allow more dogs to bee off leash at the same time) and add another entrance.

Bads:
- WAY TOO FEW showers/bathrooms for a campground that has about 180 spots (only 3 for men and I'm told 2 for women); there are NO SHOWERS on one whole side of the campground and the only bathrooms on that side are porta-potties that you can smell from 50 feet away; the water for camping spots was RUSTY--stained the side of my camper after 2 nights. Wireless internet connection speeds are slow and signals are fair; entrance is in a difficult spot; when they asked me to follow to my spot, I had to make a VERY TIGHT turn with a 38' camper--I nearly painted the side of their facilities with my truck and camper. Office needs to move locations.

Overall: Beautiful campground with lots of work underway; will be nicer if they add showers, bathrooms and move the office. Will consider staying again only if that's done.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I stayed here on 4th of july weekend 2010, campground was very clean and the people working here were very nice. Lots of campsites but not a lot of shaded lots. Had a lot of sites but only had 1 bathroom for the men and 1 for the women, not a lot for such a large campground, we stayed in a pop-up but luckily our site was near the office(which was where the bathrooms were), if i had been on the other side of the campground probably would of been very disappointed. All and all nice trip and a clean campground with what I though were courteous employees. Oh and it is near the highway but got very little noise from the highway.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank bigolbeergut
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I called the park to see if they would leave the pool open for a little longer because we had a softball team staying at the campground and they had just played four games in 95 degree weather. I was told that would be no problem. When we got to the campground and rinsed off to get into the pool we didn't even get in and they came to close it. (This was 12 minutes after the phone call when I was told it would be left open for 50 minutes). Then when I went to the office to speak with them about it I was told I never called (even though the teenager I spoke with was standing there and looked straight down at the floor...it was for sure the person I spoke with). Then the manager stated that she did not care about the customers or the girls who wanted to swim to cool off and she ordered me out of the office! She was so inconsiderate and rude I will never stay there again. I would rather drive to the next campground where they charge to swim! And, the grounds are very wet when it rains!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jendoe74
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We camped at the KOA to see time trials for the Indy 500. I was here 2 years ago, and the park has been VERY updated since. The landscaping is beautiful, and they have a cute little dog park(: We stayed here in a 40 ft coach and stayed in a beautiful padio site..we had no problems getting in and out of this park!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank rver101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Quality Inn & Suites Greenfield
Super 8 Greenfield
Super 8 Greenfield
#1 of 7 in Greenfield
Indianapolis Marriott East
Indianapolis Marriott East
#1 of 185 in Indianapolis
La Quinta Inn Indianapolis East-Post Drive
La Quinta Inn Indianapolis East-...
#123 of 185 in Indianapolis
Hampton Inn Greenfield
Hampton Inn Greenfield
#4 of 7 in Greenfield
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield

Been to Indianapolis KOA? Share your experiences!