“Happy with stay”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Greenfield
Detroit, Michigan
“Happy with stay”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Good Hampton Inn stay, near many chain restaurants and had a decent breakfast. Staff wasn't as welcoming as they have been at other Hampton Inns, but no complaints.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have been using this hotel during my business trips to Greenfield for a while. It is a typical Hampton Inn and service is consistent. It is about 40 miles from Indy airport right off on I-70 on N. State Street (route 9). If you go south on Route 9, there are places like Qdoba, Starbucks, Quiznos, O'Charley's and Walmart only about 1/4 mile down. My room has a small fridge and a microwave also. Not sure if they have tubs in other rooms but all my rooms have been with a shower only. Standard Hampton Breakfast spread -- with a couple of hot items -- usually ready by 6:30. I got a free bottle of water and a bag of trail mix on the first day; that was a nice touch. The only issue I ran into was that this time my room was on the back side of the hotel facing I-70. I am a light sleeper so the truck traffic from I-70 kept waking me up especially since I did not have my A/C on to drown out the noise . And I-70 has a lot of truck traffic at night! Try to ask for a room facing the front if you are a light sleeper. Overall, it is a good, clean hotel and great value.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing front of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RITiger
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 4, 2012

In some ways, this is a typical Hampton Inn, but what made it extraordinary was the customer service we received. We needed a place for one night on our yearly drive from WI to FL. We usually have some usual places to stay. Due to some commitments we stayed further north this year and picked this place because of the reviews. It was a bit outside Indy, but wasn't too far.

The hotel's very new, in a quiet area off the main drag and I-system, near other hotels. We had a problem develop with needing an extra room and Derek, the night clerk went above and beyond to help us out. He was also extremely personable and professional. What could have been a difficult time, was eased with his help. The room was wonderful, good bed etc. I also really enjoyed the pool. Usually, they're just an afterthought at hotels. However, this was larger than many, very clean and warm. Just what I needed after a rather stressful day.

If possible, we'd make adjustments to our schedule to stay here in the future. It's hard to know what a hotel will really be like when you're driving across country. Finding a gem like this makes the trip easier.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Manassas
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Nice and new hotel. Nice location with plenty of shopping and places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2012
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Nice beds and a new flat screen tv. Shower had good pressure, normal variety for breakfast. Only downside I saw was the fitness center was a little lacking and dated. No good place to really jog around there either. Can't really hold that too much against them though. The staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton Inn in March 2012 for 10 nights. It was a side of the interstate hotel, surrounded by typical retail. A steak and shake, Cracker Barrel and Home Depot. The decor was more bright and cheery than other Hampton Inn. The room they gave me was nice an quiet at the end of the hall. But it was by far the smallest hotel room I've had in ages. I've been in larger rooms on a cruise ship. But still it was clean, and had everything I needed. Housekeeping was better than average, especially on the weekends when they typically slack off. The internet was fine the first couple of days but got very slow after they did some work and changed the log in procedure. I could stream movies for the first few days and then after that, it was too slow. The breakfast was carbon copy Hampton Inn. Nothing special, nothing bad, except every day the bananas were green. Spotless breakfast area. The staff was friendly and efficient. My only complaint was that the hot water was inconsistent. For a day and a half I didn't have any. They gave me credit for one nights stay, but that doesn't really do me any good since it was on my corporate card. If I had work in this area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ontario
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We attended a wedding in Greenfield and booked this hotel. The rooms were a good size, clean and maintained. The breakfast was a nice selection - cereal, bakery goods, yogurt, bagels with cheese/bacon/egg on top, excellent selection of tea's and coffee's. The location was great. It was right off the interstate, in walking distance to restaurants, shopping etc but tucked away enough that you didn't have to hear the traffic.

While I didn't personally go in the pool my son and fiancee did. They both expressed that it was rather cold and had chattering teeth the whole time, but were happy to swim none the less.

All and all the experience was great. The only thing that ruined our enjoyment of our room was the family of elephants that were above us. We called the front desk and they took care of the situation, however, sadly the family above didn't seem to care. We lay awake many hours waiting for them to stop banging, and crashing around. Even my eight year old son, who normally doesn't get phased by much of anything, was grumbling about the people above keeping him up and being noisey! Next time I will ask for a room on the top floor.

Room Tip: Top floor = no noise above you.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield
#6 of 7 in Greenfield
Indianapolis Marriott East
Indianapolis Marriott East
#1 of 182 in Indianapolis

Been to Hampton Inn Greenfield? Share your experiences!