“Best Super8 ever!”
Review of Super 8 Greenfield

Super 8 Greenfield
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Greenfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Toronto
Reviewed May 4, 2013

On our way from St Louis to Cleveland, we decided to break our trip into two short days, so we looked for a Super 8 in the Indianapolis area. Greenfield is a small town (bedroom suburb?) east of Indianapolis just south of the I-70.

The hotel was impeccably maintained, with large rooms and comfortable beds, albeit not pillow-topped. It's a non-smoking motel so the slightly off-smell in Room137 surprised us. The windows opened so we aired out the room for several hours and the smell dissipated (or simply lessened as we became more accustomed?).

The lobby and separate breakfast area were spacious and comfortably furnished. A hot breakfast, of waffles or biscuits and gravy, accompanied the usual suspects of yoghurt, toast, muffins and cold cereals.

We would certainly stay there again but perhaps check out the room first and arrive earlier for more options. Despite a request thru the Super 8 telephone booking service, our request for a ground floor room did NOT appear on the Motel's computer.

Room Tip: Suggest you don't take rooms 135-137 because the housemaids line up and supply all their room c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
kellie c, General Manager at Super 8 Greenfield, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I am pleased that you wrote a review for us.
We are a non-smoking facility as of July 2012. We had to renovate after the new State Law regarding no smoking allowed in hotels. I am not sure of the smell in the room. I went to the room this morning and did not notice anything, but will be checking this daily. I agree with you about the rooms at the end of the hall near the entrance door, it can be a little noisy when people are coming and going. We try to not rent those until the last room or if someone wants near an exit. I always prefer 2nd floor, it is usually less noisy, noone above you and no outside door or stairs to be under. Great Tip!
Thank you for noticing our breakfast, our breakfast room is newly renovated from previous meeting room and it can seat 36 at one time.
Thank you again for all the information.
Kellie C
Wright City, Missouri
Reviewed April 25, 2013

On the Super 8 website it says this hotel is one of their Super Duper 8s... or whatever they call it. I found it to be just a very typical Super 8, somewhat dumpy. It seemed to be pretty clean but the bed was pretty hard. The town of Greenfield is a good stopping point, just East of Indianapolis with plenty of restaurants, stores and gas stations. The best part of the hotel was the elderly lady at the front desk. She has to be one of the most pleasant and friendly people I have ever dealt with. The breakfast is kind of a joke... they consider a hot breakfast to be oatmeal or waffles.

Room Tip: Go on to someplace else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
kellie c, General Manager at Super 8 Greenfield, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Trski,
Wow, I was surprised by this review. Dumpy has never been used ever in our past reviews, I was so dissapointed to hear that term. Everything in our hotel is new, we constantly update, flat screens, new breakfast room, indoor pool and hot tub, fireplace in the lobby. Our breakfast is listed as " hot" because of our Biscuits, Sausage Gravy and Hot Waffles. All Super 8 our suppose to have the same breakfast for uniformity.We added the Biscuits and Gravy as our "Regional Item", but we also have yogurt, 2 cereals, breads, muffins, 3 kinds of fruit, oatmeal, 2 juices, coffee and hot chocolate and Simply Super Cinnamon Rolls. We sometimes even have hard boiled eggs. I think Susie the "elderly lady" who is only 53 was surprised also. Laughingly we joke about her elderly status. I hope that others will read all the reviews before this one before making a decision and when they do I hope they will also right a review. I guess I should thank you for the review, I will most likely use this at our next meeting, we all need motivated to do better and strive to be the best. That has always been our motto.
Thanks Again
Kellie C.
Maine
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very much recommend this motel. We had planned to stop in Cloverdale, but since it was early, we pushed on to Greenfield. Happy we did. The Super 8 was imaculant. Kona Coffee available in the room. Clean as could be. Not overly priced. The breakfast was very good - waffles, cereal, biscuits and gravy, boiled eggs, bagels, fruit, toast and pastry. Will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello Maine,
We must be a halfway point for you, since you are from Maine. I am so glad you stop here instead of Cloverdale, at least getting this side of Indianapolis, Thank you for such a great review. I really love reading all the comments. Thank you for mentioning all the breakfast items, we feel we have a very nice breakfast room with a 55" plasma for your morning news. Please introduce yourself next time in. I would love to meet you.
Kellie C.
Bethany Beach
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We decided to try this hotel because of reviews on Trip Advisor. Good decision! Clean, inexpensive (less than $60 including taxes) small pool/hot top and decent breakfast. Staff even let us store our bicycles in the laundry room over night! So friendly. What a pleasant surprise for this hotel! Oh, there are several restaurants across the street (Steak, Mexican, Chinese, etc.)

Room Tip: We only have the one room to compare .... room 126 with queen bed (and small desk, leather chair, cu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Parkersburg, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was an amazing hotel. I don't usually stay at Super 8s but I'm glad I stayed at this one. The price was fantastic. The staff were delightful and very helpful. They made suggestions about the best room for our group. The room was very clean and the refrigerator came in handy for leftover, carryout pizza at Chicago's Pizza. The pool and Jacuzzi were clean too, but there was a bit too much chlorine. The breakfast was good too, you could choose from hot or cold items. Whole place so clean!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Quality Inn & Suites Greenfield
#1 of 180 in Indianapolis
Hampton Inn Greenfield
Hampton Inn Greenfield
#3 of 7 in Greenfield

Been to Super 8 Greenfield? Share your experiences!