“Very attractive motel”

Quality Inn & Suites Greenfield
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Greenfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We choice this property for its location and because we like the Quality Brand. We were pleasantly surprised at the attractiveness of the lobby and general premises. Paintings on the walls, a central staircase to the second floor and so on.
One drawback was that they didn't serve breakfast until 7:00am. We were on motorcycles and like to get rolling by 6:30 to get several hours in before the blistering heat builds up. So we asked the night desk person, and she set up the breakfast for us early which was much appreciated and should certainly be mentioned here. Thank you.
Nice place. We'd stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ndmVt

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have been staying here on our way back and forth from the East Coast to Kansas. After staying in a few rather unpleasant motels/hotels, we came across the Quality Inn in Greenfield IN and were pleasantly surprised to find it do clean and accommodating. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are fairly spacious and have two lounging chairs, a desk, microwave, fridge, tv. Breakfast is free. Dining area was spacious and clean. The woman tending to the food and customers was clean and very nice. I would recommend it! Very nice place!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Willisba
Brandy M, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

We check these every day to make sure we are accomodating our guests in a satisfactory & professional manner. We are so pleased you were happy with your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip between the East Coast and Kansas.
Thank you! Amber L. Nance, Director of Sales.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I've found that some hotels don't necessarily treat frequent guests any better because they assume that our "points" were thanks enough. For the last two years, I've stayed at this property during my business travels at least twice a year, a week at a time. The rate is always acceptable, the facility is nice and is comparable to the standards that you find in the better properties of the Quality Inn brand. This go 'round I found that the entire front desk staff had been replaced and the team, led by Dennis, the new property manager, have been very attentive and service oriented.

Upon checking-in I was greeted with excellent customer service as my arrival was processed as normal, my loyalty status was acknowledged (I'm a Platinum Choice Rewards member) and I was upgraded without asking for it. After discovering a billing issue, Dennis handled the arrangements without hassle over the next couple of days and always updated me when he saw me in the hallway or coming in or out. I'm not saying that this will always happen to you but for business travelers it's nice to know that your business is actively fought for and appreciated -- not assumed just because you get points.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric P
Deb I, Vice President at Quality Inn & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

We can not thank you enough for you kind words. Our staff knows how important customer service is and it is great to hear that Dennis follows that protocol. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you Deborah

Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Used the coupon off one of those rest area flyers and for $49 it was a deal. Close to fast food. Easy on easy off the freeway.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank chusker
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have family in Greenfield and have stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites several times over the past several years. This is a good, budget-friendly option in Greenfield, though if your destination is Indianapolis, it could be a bit far out for you. As a member of the Choice Hotels program, I do get points for staying here, but would opt to stay here even if that weren’t the case.

The lobby is clean and sparkling with an inviting seating area and fireplace. Free coffee and popcorn are available to sip or munch. Check-in always is speedy and all the front desk staff have been very friendly, even putting me in a specific room I’d requested upon my arrival. Upon check-out, I’ve always been asked if I was satisfied with my stay and if anything could be done to make my stay more pleasant.

The rooms are good sized with a work space, seating area, and good bed with firm mattresses. Many of the rooms have a mini fridge and a microwave, though I’m not positive that all rooms do, so be sure to ask if this is a preference. Note that the hotel is two floors but there is no elevator. I don’t find it a problem staying on the upper floor, as I’m there for a shorter stay and don’t usually have a lot of bags to take up, but some people could find this problematic.

The breakfast area is pleasant and there are generally hot options available, though I was disappointed that there were no healthy cereal options on my last stay; just sugary ones. There are lots of fast food more casual types of dining establishments along the main road, as well as grocery stores and shops. Downtown Greenfield is probably about 1.5 miles away.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor, but note, there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank amethyst23
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have never stayed at a Quality Inn, and I honestly wasn't expecting much. We arrived very late, and left early the next morning, but I was impressed by my short experience. The room was clean and updated, and even had a fridge. The breakfast was good. I'm not sure if this is the norm for Quality Inns, but I was pleasantly surprised- the updates made it much nicer than I anticipated. No, it's nothing fancy, but for the type of hotel (class), it was great!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Dear randomtravels79,

Thank you for taking time to offer a review of your recent visit to The Quality Inn & Suites in Greenfield, IN! Guest feedback is very important to us, so we appreciate that you were able to offer your time to follow-up on your stay!

I understand that during your visit you were pleasantly surprised by your experience! I am very happy to hear that our hotel was clean, friendly, and accommodating for your travel needs! I see that you enjoyed some of our upgraded amenities as well!

I cannot speak for all Quality Inn & Suites locations, but I can speak for ours. It is always our objective to offer affordable accommodations, in a convenient location, with all the comforts of home. Our staff works hard to ensure cleanliness, as well as friendliness for the many visitors we experience every day!

Once again, thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience! I was pleased to hear it was a good one. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to our area! Take care!

Brandy McClaren
The Quality Inn & Suites – Greenfield, IN

Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites in Greenfield, Indiana, near Indianapolis. We were very unhappy with our treatment by the management there. (I believe there is a new manager now.)

They had a new girl at the front desk alone, trying her best but a little over her head. We paid $20 more than nearby motels for the hot breakfast she said would be served until 10 am. But when we came down at 9:30, breakfast had ended at 9. (We came from a nearby different time zone, so 9 felt like 8). The staff apologized, and said several other guests also missed breakfast due to the same hotel error. We politely asked for our bill to be adjusted, but were told the manager refused any adjustment at all. They offered us a coupon for 20% off a future stay. I told them to keep it. The hotel was otherwise adequate. We got home at 2 am, and the time spent buying breakfast at a restaurant was very inconvenient. They easily could have extended breakfast when they learned of their error.

The Choice Hotels website (which includes Quality Inns) bragged about customer satisfaction and solicited comments by email. My complaint got a prompt automated email that I would get a response within 72 hours. Weeks later, the only response was spam advertising. I'm unimpressed.

We've been treated better at the La Quinta a few miles away for less money, and we'll avoid Quality Inns in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
brenda w, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

I am very sorry about the time zone difference. Our recorde show you stayed with us last year in August 2011 and at that time breakfast was over at 9am. Alot of things have changed since the last time you visited 9 months ago. Please give another chance to make your stay wonderful.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Super 8 Greenfield
Hampton Inn Greenfield
Hampton Inn Greenfield
#4 of 7 in Greenfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Greenfield? Share your experiences!