“Skip the complementary breakfast”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greenfield
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Greenfield
Springfield, Il
“Skip the complementary breakfast”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The motel was great until we went down to breakfast. My wife's milk was sour and the cereal tasted like cardboard. When she asked for more fresh fruit, the attendant said she was thawing more out. The eggs swam in grease and looked like they also were thawed out. My waffle was cooked to well done. Otherwise the stay was great. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and attentive. I would stay again and eat somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Vicki2458, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greenfield, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for stay with us, I do apologize for the breakfast. Next time you are in the area we hope to make it better for you. Thank you for your feedback it is always important to us to hear what our guests views are. Thank you, Vicki General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My family lives in Greenfield, Indiana--located approx 15 miles east of Indianapolis. As a location destination, it is NOT, but we don't get to choose where our family lives. My husband and I travelled for Thanksgiving with our three girls--ages 4, 5 +6 and stayed 5 days. The Country Inn provided a wonderful refuge from the dreary, rainy, cold weather. They provided us with ADJOINING rooms! What a relief!! The girls' room had two queen beds and our room had one king. The rooms were clean, the service was on time every day, the breakfast each morning was tasty and for traveling with children, we have no complaints or concerns. Also, they have an INDOOR pool! You have no idea how much it adds to quality of life when the girls have an outlet for their energy--all three are good swimmers due to our pool at home in Phoenix. So, if it wasn't for Country Inn, we would be describing our 5 days in hell that is Indiana in November; instead, because of Country Inn, we actually had a pretty good time and found opportunity to enjoy ourselves. THANK YOU COUNTRY INN!!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with more than two children, we recommend asking for their adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank AZScubaFan
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. Your family were such a pleasure and those girls are adorable. Any time you are in this area to visit family or any other reason, let us take care of your hotel needs. Thank you, Vicki General Manager
Missouri
Reviewed August 22, 2011

On the way home from our road trip, too tired to keep driving, looked up some reviews on trip advisor of the hotels on the exit sign and decided on the Country Inn and Suites. They had a free hot breakfast buffet which is always a plus to me! Most of the hotels at this exit had pretty good reviews. I chose this for the breakfast :)

When we went into the lobby, I was really impressed. It was really pretty. There was a fireplace with a library where you could borrow books. The front desk area is small but very nice as well. There were many warm cookies for the taking--yum! I wish I could remember the nice girl who checked us in ( Saturday-August 20th) but after 11 hours driving, my mind was not all there. She was so bubbly and sweet. Very helpful and this hotel has one great employee!

We asked for a room on the first floor and got it. The room was comfy and clean and smelled really good too. The bed was so comfortable, we slept great. I did call the Hampton Inn and they were $30 more for that night which was another reason for our choice. This place is as nice as any Hampton we've stayed in and I was very happy with our choice. Unfortunately, we did not use any of the amenities, including the breakfast because it didn't start until 7 am and we were out of there by 6:30. I would definately recommend to anyone. There are plenty of dining choices right on the same street too.

Room Tip: First Floor! It is only 2 stories but no elevators!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all your good comments about our hotel and the employees. Your feedback is very important to us. Please always stop in again if you are traveling in this area. It is very important to us to give and to you as a traveler to get great service. Thank you , Vicki Genral Manager
Shelbyville, Indiana
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I never had the chance to experience this place when it was a Holiday Inn, but I have to say that I was impressed with this Country Inn. The building and grounds look well maintained on the outside. I enter to find a small but quaint lobby area with seating near a fireplace adorned by a mini library.
My check-in was fast and the clerk was very friendly, she offered me home baked cookies they have at the desk and samples of grooming products. Off to my room which was on the second floor, there was no elevator to my knowledge. I enter my room to find it nice and cool, the room smelled fresh and clean as well.
I start my inspection in the bathroom to find it clean (even the nooks and crannies) and there was quality brand name soaps and shampoos to boot. One thing I noticed was that the fixtures looked dated, but clean none the less. There's also a lighted magnified mirror and hair dryer and a towel in the shape of a bowtie which I thought was a nice touch.
In the main part of the room is a mini fridge with microwave and coffee maker (cuisinart) a desk, armchair and two nightstands that flank a nice King bed.
The bed itself (pillowtop King) was very comfy with clean and fresh smelling linens with five pillows. In one of the drawers of the TV cabinet was a hypo allergenic blanket and pillow. The TV is an old model 27" tube style, to which I hope one day all hotels will switch to flatpannels. The overall room is nice, the carpets are new and the walls nicely painted, the decor and furnishing seem modern.
The pool area was really nice and appeared clean and maintained, there's plenty of lounge chairs as well as towels. In the fitness room you'll find a pair of treadmills, an elliptical and resistance machine. In the business room are several computers for networking.
The dinning area is spacious with plenty of seating and offers a fireplace and flatscreen TV. There's a deluxe hot breakfast, although I'd say it's your average staples. Eggs, sausage, seasoned potatoes. Cereals, fruits, muffins, bagels and servOmatic waffles. plenty of coffee, teas, juices and milk.
Checking-out was not as fast as checking in though as the clerk was outside smoking (on break I guess) but no biggie. All in all I had a great stay and will deff stay there again!
One last note, this hotel is not pet friendly!! They'll hit you with a $100 fine if caught.

Room Tip: Do a search for offers (codes) before you book,you can save big money!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank imsfan
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. It is our pleasure to make sure our guest are treated like home away from home. Thank you, Vicki General Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Super disappointed about the pool being out of service our entire stay. We chose this hotel based on it's having a pool for the preschooler. We would have changed if we had known but there was no mention on their website. Hotel is clean and well-kept. Lobby is very nice with fresh cookies and coffee round-the-clock and a little gift basket with things like Craisins or lotion you grab coming in or out. The room was nice, good space, room-darkening drapes and comfortable bed. Made for good sleep. The only drawback was the BLAST of cold air when we walked in the first time. The a/c was set on high (in an empty room!) and the temp was 60 degrees. Wasteful, and so uncomfortable we had to turn it off and wait in the lobby for it to drop to an acceptable temperature. (The windows don't open.) I requested a ground floor room, but they didn't have any on our arrival. Had to drag suitcases through the lobby and up a flight of stairs...no elevator. The staff was nice, but had no clue about directions or places to eat (found out one we asked about was across the street). The included breakfast was quite good, hot and cold foods and served later than usual which was much appreciated by late risers! The ladies taking care of the food were super-nice, too. Business facilities were one computer with lo-speed internet (same for wifi) but at least it's free. I'd stay there again. Good value, safe and clean, near the interstate but easy access to town and walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: ? Putting a request on my internet reservation did no good.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, feedback is always good from our guests veiw point. I am sorry that the pool was under renovations during your stay. If ever in this area again come back and enjoy the pool and other amenities that we have for you. Thank you, Vicki General Manager
Three Rivers, Michigan
Reviewed June 9, 2010

This is a very safe area and hotel is very clean and very friendly. It is 2 story with no elevator so we statyed on first floor. Shower was great with lots of towels and bathroom extremely clean. Room was clean and good size with micro and frig. The tv was old and outdated and not very clear to watch. Breakfast was good and service was very good and area clean but small. There are at least 6 places to eat very close by like Cracker Barrel, Applebees, and a new steackhouse and more. The hotel was full and even with lots of little pee-wee ball players around our room was quiet. Our king bed was great and we sleeped like babys and with hot weather our air worked great. We did not use the indoor pool which looks 5 feet at deep end but kids looked like they were having a great time, This is not a resort but if you are looking for a clean good place to clean up and get a good nights sleep this is it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
DeKalb, IL
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Very clean and nice, quite convenient. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eggbert_tg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield
Hampton Inn Greenfield
Hampton Inn Greenfield
#4 of 7 in Greenfield
La Quinta Inn Indianapolis East-Post Drive
La Quinta Inn Indianapolis East-...
#118 of 182 in Indianapolis

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greenfield? Share your experiences!