“Great small town dining experience.”
Review of Almost Home

Almost Home
Reserve with OpenTable
Almost Home is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Greencastle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Almost Home has been in business for more than 25 years on the historic square in downtown Greencastle, Indiana. We feature award-winning homemade desserts, and contemporary American cuisine. We also feature a full service bar, The Swizzle Stick, decorated with more Chicago Cubs memorabilia than you can shake a bat at!
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went to Almost Home for dinner on a Friday evening while in Greencastle on business. Really pleasantly surprised by how great the food was. Not a large menu but everything on it sounded interesting. I had the Apple Bacon Pork Chop and it was fantastic. Maybe the best pork chop I have ever eaten. My wife had three huge cheese and spinach raviolis and she really enjoyed that. Deserts were house made and also fantastic. Fresh strawberry cream cheese pie was so good. Our waitress could have been a little more knowledgeable about the items on the menu but all in all it was a great experience. Can't wait to visit this place again and I hope it is soon.

1  Thank jerryj46307

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went to this restaurant for the first time. It was a very pleasant evening. The food was great, service exceptional and the overall feel of the restaurant is very relaxing. Soup outstanding. I got the stuffed shrimp and loved it. My husband got the tilapia and said it was delicious. We shared the strawberry dessert because we were very full. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Love this restaurant one night hate it the next. Every time we go its different. in some aspects that is good but when I want the crispy chicken salad or oriental salad or fettuccine the way I had it the last time, I am surprised that it different, slightly different, just enough to make you mad that you didn't get what you expected. Not sure if she has a large turnover in help or the ingredients are too expensive or what, but there s something to be said for consistency. That being said, the food is good. The desserts at this restaurant, in the past, have been the best but they are slowly going down hill. The strawberry pizza is what they are famous for but the last time I was there the crust was like a crumbly mess. I needed a spoon to eat it. I am not dissing this restaurant forever. They will get it together and I will be back on top.
Owner is a great chef, just needs a vacation and come back refreshed.

1  Thank FoodieJean
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I really enjoyed eating at Almost Home for many months but of late the food quaility has declined. I most always ordered the Chicken Brocolli casserole but no more since the recipe has been changed too much. So sad.

1  Thank Judy M
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Awesome food, great homey atmosphere, great broccoli cheese soup and fantastic deserts. Worth the stop and a great place to have lunch with family and friends.