“Great food”
Review of Chief's South by Southwest - CLOSED

Chief's South by Southwest
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just moved into the area and went to Chiefs for lunch. My wife had the catfish sandwich and loved it. I had the crab cake sandwich and it was good. Our waiter did a great job. The prices are reasonable to me. The only downside was I am disabled and the entrance way has a deep steep. I didn't check to see if they had a back entrance. We will be going back.

1  Thank Naturetrecker

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been to Chief's three or four times since it opened. On this visit I noticed a lot of issues that detracted from the evening.

First of all our waitress was great. Visited promptly, had a nice personality, and generally took care of my wife and I. A+. Also, my steak was cooked properly, although a little thin, with a very nice seasoning. I'm sure it was 8oz as promised, but still pretty thin. Finally, I think the price was reasonable at $26/person which included beer & wine. The rest of the experience was just "OK".

First of all there is a TV in the dining room. Nothing says romantic night out then dinner in front of the TV... My wife had the chicken with peppers and onions, but it was really peppers and onions with chicken buried under the pile. Way too much peppers and onions. My ceasar salad had very little dressing, and my french fries were pretty bland with a seasoning that I didn't care for (similar to Burger King). The bread they serve in the plastic tray is just "OK", but nothing to write home about. They try to get too many tables in a very small space (I would guess the place seats about 40). I had to move our table a little so that I could get into my chair. Finally, the flatware is of very low quality (if I noticed it, it's not very good). It really looks and feels like it was stamped out of sheet metal.

I might mention Chief's to friends or family in the area but I certainly couldn't recommend it without providing some qualifiers.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Chief's has many dishes with a southwest flavor. Try the steaks or the fish tacos. They are great. The friendly wait staff know the product and how they are prepared. Always a good experience when I eat there alone or with friends,

1  Thank Judy M
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I went in first and asked if they took out of town checks. Danielle (I later found out her name) asked if I was going to order something, then she went to the back and was gone what seemed like a long time. Then she came back and said since I looked honest, they'd take a check, providing I showed an ID.
The 1/2 lb. burger I ordered was huge, but raw. French fries were seasoned, which I don't care for, but ate anyway. My wife's Creole Catfish was okay, she said, Her tomato bisque was very good. What got us was the $23.45 bill. OH, we also had two cokes at $1.99 each.
The best experience was our waitress, Danielle who was very accommodating and probably new, I might add. She came over to our table quite often.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Love their fish sandwich. Great place to eat with a bit of that "New Orleans" flair. Daily lunch specials and desserts are great!