“Good Home Cookin' Buffet”
Review of Putnam Inn

Putnam Inn
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Greencastle
Cuisines: American
Description: The Putnam Inn- famous for its Broasted Chicken served up fresh since 1972! For three decades, people have enjoyed home-style meals at this family-owned and operated Greencastle eatery with friends and family.
Atlanta
“Good Home Cookin' Buffet”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Go here for the buffet. Lots of good comfort food. Love the fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and the pies.

Visited May 2013

Terre Haute,IN
“Large local restaurant”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Has a large menu and a buffet. Food was average but plentiful. Price is reasonable. Could be a little cleaner . Service was okay.

Visited April 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Again, a so-so Experience”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was invited here through my company for a luncheon. The menu variety on the buffet is superb however its the lack of attention to detail that derails me every time I am here. This time, I found rotten lettuce in the salad, and was done after two bites. Also, my cup in the banquet room was filthy. I'm sorry, but little things like this are just plain unacceptable.

• Visited May 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good, homestyle place to eat”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ok, so Putnam Inn could probably use a make-over on the decor, but we still enjoy it. The place is friendly, service is great, and the food is good. I am sure there are some items on the menu and buffet that aren't "made from scratch," but all in all, the food is good. Kudos to the owner (Rhonda), who appears to be the fastest and hardest working woman in town. She has the best attitude towards her business, employees, and customers that I have ever seen.
For the money, you can't beat this place. Come casual and enjoy the atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
“Expectations Met”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Had lunch with a colleague here today and really enjoyed it. I came pretty hungry and the buffet did not disappoint. I love home cooked meals and this place really hits the nail on the head. The young lady waiting on us was very kind and a pleasure to have in company.

A few things I took note of that I feel are minor and can easily be fixed. There were no labels on the buffet. Now a majority of the items on there are pretty identifiable (I don't need a sign to tell me that those are mashed potatoes) however, I bit into what I presumed to be a fried chicken breast and it turned out to be fried cod or perhaps catfish or something? Now for me this isn't a big concern, I just don't typically care for or eat a lot of fish. My concern lies for people who may have an allergy. It's also just a nice touch to show that extra care is taken so that people don't have to go looking for a staff member to describe what they are eating.

The restaurant itself seems kind of tired. The decor is outdated (no big deal) but there are areas of the carpet that need cleaned. I can't tell you what the bathroom looked like. All in all a great family owned place that has been in business in Greencastle for many years. I will look forward to eating here again, and would certainly recommend.

• Visited January 2013