“The place to stay in Greencastle”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greencastle
The INN at DePauw & Event Center
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greencastle
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I regularly travel to Greencastle for business and stay at the Inn at Depauw each visit. This boutique style hotel is a pleasure. As part the university campus it is both a full featured hotel and conveniently located to Depauw and downtown Greencastle. The staff is professional, helpful and courtious. In particular Mary Tesmer at the front desk, goes out of her way to make sure each stay is pleasurable. When travelling to Greencastle I recommend staying at the Inn without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Michele F, General Manager at The INN at DePauw & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

We cannot thank you enough for your kind review and recommendations! We really appreciate that you chose to stay with us while traveling to Greencastle.

There are newer reviews for The INN at DePauw & Event Center

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have stayed here on 3 occasions and each visit has been a pleasure. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds and bedding are very comfortable. The location is within walking distance to downtown. The bath amenities (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel) are tiny and barely enough for one person. On our most recent visit, New Year's Eve, the lobby was undergoing an extensive renovation. It was lovely before, so I look forward to seeing the results.
We have dined there twice and the food is delicious. Most recently, we enjoyed the brunch buffet, which included made-to-order omelets.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele F, General Manager at The INN at DePauw & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for your very nice comments and thank you for being a loyal customer. I am glad that you were able to spend some time enjoying our restaurants and the delicious food. The room amenities we carry now are small on purpose to try to reduce waste. We are more than happy to give you all you need so please be sure to ask at the front desk on your next visit. We are also very excited about our lobby remodel and think it will make the Inn an even more special place to visit. Hope that you will be returning soon to enjoy all that we have to offer.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Have been visiting my family in Greencastle for my entire life. Every time I return the town and the DePauw campus only seem to get better. This Inn is right on campus and only a couple blocks from town. We found the rooms to be clean, affordable and look forward to returning for a longer stay. They have a very nice trail system that takes you to an old quarry.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us over the years. We hope that you continue the tradition. Please come back soon as we are remodeling the lobby and I think you will be quite surprised with the changes.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The place to stay when you are visiting DePauw. The rooms are very nicely accommodated, the staff is helpful, and it couldn't be anymore convenient. There are a few dining options and the a bar within the premises. If you can ask for a room on one of the upper floors I would prefer it to the ground floor right on the parking lot. They have made place even nicer and cozier over the years, and I always look forwards to my stays there.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side and on the upper floors is preferable
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mja1982

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you have chosen to stay with us over the years and hope that you always choose the Inn when traveling to Greencastle.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Mary is always very helpful and friendly. We stay at the Inn quite often and Mary is always happy to great myself and our team. Of all of the personnel at the Inn, Mary is always one of the most helpful persons.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steven S

Thank you for taking the time to remind us that we do have a true gem working for us. Mary is truly an asset to our team and I am happy that she takes care of all of our guests equally!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have stayed off and on at the Inn at DePauw for over a year for business and the hotel has consistently met or exceeded my expectations each time. Mary Tesmer at the front desk, is one of the nicest ladies I've ever met. Each Monday she welcomes my team fin with a smile and is very professional and knowledgeable when checking me in. Once in my haste, I forgot to make a reservation and she was able to get me room on the spot - what a relief! She makes the Inn at DePauw feel like my home away from home and even cheers for my favorite football team, THE Carolina Panthers. When travelling to Greencastle do not hesitate to book your stay here, I highly recommend.

Room Tip: If possible, ask to have a room that is non-conjoining as those rooms tend to be a little bit louder...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your nice comments. I am glad that you continue to stay with us at the Inn. Mary is a true gem and we are lucky to have her!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently visited Greencastle Indiana for a wedding. Because of a long drive we decided to stay at the Inn at DePauw, which is located right on DePauw University Campus. The accommodations were impeccable. I was a little hesitant thinking it may be too much of a college crowd. My hesitations were quickly resolved. The entire stay was excellent. We were allowed a late checkout, which was tricky for the staff as there were two wedding parties staying at the hotel along with out of town guests due to graduation. The staff was extremely helpful with directions and all of our special needs. The onsite restaurant was priced well and the food was wonderful! I will stay here again if the opportunity presents itself, and I will look forward to it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Michele F, General Manager at The INN at DePauw & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Inn. We are very pleased that you enjoyed everything while you were here. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff as they all work hard every day to provide outstanding customer service to all of our guests. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greencastle
Super 8 Cloverdale
#4 of 6 in Cloverdale
No photo provided
Greencastle Inn
#2 of 3 in Greencastle

Been to The INN at DePauw & Event Center? Share your experiences!