“Perfect!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Mishawaka
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Mishawaka is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 60 Restaurants in Granger
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Grape Rd
Reviewed June 14, 2013

First time at a Ruth's chris, and while very pricey, everything was fabulous, and great for a special occasion.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The details matter at times, such as family gatherings, a special birthday, and date night the two of us want to really enjoy. Can't beat this spot's atmosphere and quality of service anywhere else in South Bend/Mishawaka/Granger. I've also hit it as a single and enjoyed a well sized table in the bar. Thankfully, the bar has its priorities right and maintains an expertise in making martinis.
Steaks are great, as are appetizers, sides and salads. Baked sweet potatoes are divine. You can get an enjoyable wine by the glass to go with any dish. Only downside which won't apply to many folks: skip the lobster tail, as the tough membrane isn't properly removed.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went with wife and a friend. Sat in the lounge(bar area with seating). Lounge was playing dance/pop music which was a little annoying but the lounge is definitely more laid back and less stuffy/formal. Calmari app and the salad with almonds, goat cheese was excellent. The steaks were also very tasty. Not sure of the sizzling butter/plate the steaks are served on. Dessert - chocolate cake and cheese cake were great - a must have. Overall a pricey dinner but the food and service were one of the best in Michiana. The only thing is that I've had better steaks in other restaurants in Chicago but this is probably the best in the immediate area.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

It was Christmas Eve and our family of five had reservations for 5:00 that evening. Upon arriving, on time, were told that we would have to dine in the basement! (Which is not nearly as nice as the rest of the restaurant.) We turned to leave the restaurant and they asked us to wait, the restaurant was more than 75% empty. So, we waited. Twenty minutes passed before we were seated. The food was good but the crappy service left a bad taste. We now dine elsewhere.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have eaten at numerous high-end steak houses, Morton's, Ditka's, and so on. This was my first experience at a Ruth's Chris. I can't say it was anything exceptional. The steak was good, the t-bone was recommended by the waiter. Given the reputation, I had hoped to be impressed. All I can say is I had a good steak, but nothing better than I would have had at even mid-range steak houses.

The lobster bisque was entirely unimpressive. I might be spoiled there though, because I have had it at Put-in-Bay, which still rates as the best, as well as several places in New England. Ruth's bisque was not even in the league.

For sides, we had sweet potato, baked potato, broccoli, and mushrooms. The potatoes were very good. The baked potatoes are huge, and easily feed 2 people. The broccoli was warm, but gave no other indications of being cooked. I needed the steak knife more for the broccoli than the steak.

I hope, as other reviews have mentioned, that this location is just not as consistent as other Ruth's Chris steakhouses. I'd give it another try, but based on this one experience it isn't the best out there.