“Great for Granger”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Granger, Indiana
“Great for Granger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were there when they had live music. It was so much fun, music was not to loud very enjoyable. The bonus was the food and staff were great! We will be back for sure!

• Visited May 2014

South Bend, Indiana
“Delicious food and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were in Granger and noticed the restaurant had a new sign up. We didn't care for what was previously at this location because of the leftover cigarette smoke and sticky floors. This new "Grill 23" was a pleasant surprise. Quick, friendly service. The food was well-priced, served hot, and delicious. Yummo! My only disappointment was the pepsi products instead of coke ;-) Having said that, the food was so good; we'll definitely be going back. Everything our party had was great from the salad, to steak, chicken, stuffed pepper soup and our daughter loved her macaroni and cheese. I also enjoyed the faux fireplace on the wall.

• Visited April 2014
Granger, Indiana
“One of the best Filets Mignon steaks in years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I had two great meals tonight at Grill 23. She ordered the Prime Rib and I had one of the best Filet Mignon steaks I've tasted in the past 20 years. Flavor and tenderness wise it was right up there with Ruth's Chris. my wife said her Prime Rib was also tender and tasty. Prices were reasonable and our waiter was very attentive. Only thing missing was bread or rolls with the meal. Both had house salads and she had the baked potato and I had the mashed (OK; tasted good but a very small portion and would get the baked the next time). The baked potato was hot and came with lots of butter and sour cream. Looking forward to coming back and see if the Filet is as good the second time around.

• Visited February 2014
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

It was a last minute decision to go here. Not knowing anything about it I had envisioned more of a sports bar type establishment simply because of the buildings history. I was pleasantly surprised that it was more a good casual dining establishment. The side salad of one of our party was larger than what we had expected as a side salad. I ordered the Black Bean Burger and would order it again. We will return. One of the staff was walking around in a Grill 23 sweatshirt. I would have the owners re-consider that as appropriate attire for staff.

Visited January 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very disappointing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Our first visit since new ownership. The bathroom had a very bad odor. The decor seemed like a basement of a warehouse. Bare concrete floors, no pictures, etc. Seemed like they have not finished with the remodel. The bigger disappointment was the poor service and food. The server brought the wrong food. The shrimp appetizer was disgusting. We ordered a couple of the specialty mixed green salads. They delivered poor quality iceberg lettuce. Exactly what we did not want! The server could not be found for drink refills or anything else. Everything about the experience was poor and we will not return even though it is a local establishment. Doubt they will be here long if it does not improve.

1 Thank c12pilot