“good beer and good food”
Review of Bare Hands Brewery

Bare Hands Brewery
Ranked #15 of 58 Restaurants in Granger
Cuisines: American
Iowa, USA
“good beer and good food”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Love the selection of beers but we just tried their food and it was very good. Simple but good. Very friendly place.

Visited April 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Small, handcrafted, unique and exotic beers...”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Back in late 2008, the South Bend metro area's premier brew pub, The Mishawaka Brewing Co., closed the doors to its main facility after 16 years in business. I was greatly disappointed by this as there werent really any other choices for small-scale craft beers in the area, not with a full pub and restaurant anyways.

Jump forward to spring of 2012 and I'm still lamenting the closing of Mishawaka Brewing to a friend of mine - my friend asks me if I've tried, "Bare Hands". I had no idea what he was asking me; I had googled around for "brewery south bend area" every week or so for the last 2 years and had come up with nothing. He told me its in Granger, in an industrial park and he liked it. Well i immediately set to searching this place out and found their blog which detailed their build-out in this very nondescript industrial park two doors down from where we had just kenneled our dog a week prior. My woman and I headed over there and were immediately overjoyed! (well, I was overjoyed anyways!) Sampling first a flight of all their beers, then several pints of our favorites...these beers are outrageously delicious and probably something you are never going to find in a store. The flavors are bold and the smells pungent; "craft beer" is a term i used to HATE to use for all its snotty connotations and arrogance but after drinking these liquid works of art i have acquiesced to its use for Bare Hands....because they really ARE brewing drinkable art.

These guys make small batches of beer such that their tap list changes weekly, which gives me a good excuse to go there at least once a week. By my estimate they have a total of 30 different beers with about 7 of them on tap at any given time...again that's an estimate. Some days, you may show up and after a crowded nights there may be only 5 beers on tap, etc. They serve some sandwiches and pretzels, but the beer is first and foremost what this place is about. In almost every trip I've ever taken, I try to search out a microbrewery and try whatever they have...Chicago, Vegas, New Orleans, Nashville....even Put In Bay, Ohio - I look for them everywhere and am driven to try them - I cant think of any beer that would get in the top 5 at Bare Hands. Maybe the other microbreweries we've tried just werent "micro" enough. Stay small, Bare Hands.

• Visited April 2013