“This was the best restaurant found in this entire area!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capri Restaurant

Capri Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Granger
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Granger, Indiana
“This was the best restaurant found in this entire area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We couldn't believe we'd finally found an upscale restaurant in this area. This is the kind of restaurant one would expect in Chicago, but not here. It should be the number 1 restaurant for all of Michiana! The ambience was great. The decor was superb and the food was excellent! Great find!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank PattiO548

Granger, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Menu have a moderate number of offerings, but very good; plenty of diversity. The food is great. Been there three times, have had three different dishes and appetizers, and is has been great every time. Valentines Day was a special treat, with live music, and a special, fantastic menu. The atmosphere is classy, albeit never a full house. They overbuilt for the area; demand for this level of cuisine and price is uncommon for the area given the volume it would take to sustain a full house. But the spacious environment is actually very attractive as it adds intimacy. The decor is fantastic, nothing like it around. Upscale all the way. I recommend Capri without reservation.

• Visited May 2013
South Bend
“Great Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

We found this place on "Open Table" and thought we would try it. The reviews I had read had rated it as good to very good. We arrived at about 6:30. The parking lot was about half full. The outside of the building is nice and has a modern look. Once you enter the front door, it looks completely different. Lots of old world Italian decor. Dark woods, black and white pictures of family and friends on the walls. Linen table cloths. As you enter the dining room, you will note a beautiful bar on the left, one of the nicest ones in the area. The owner greeted us at the door and checked us in. We were met by our waiter and escorted to our table. We were offered a choice of several different tables in the restaurant. There is a large fireplace in the back of the restaurant and the background music is standard big band. They have a nice but small wine list and I was surprised to find half bottles available. We didn't order appetizers. I had the OssoBuco and my wife had the Ravioli. Both our entrees were very good. After dinner we had a very nice dessert and coffee. All in all it was a very nice experience. We took several minutes to talk to the owner and he explained some of his background and that of the restaurant. Our dinner cost about $100.00 and included 2 entrees, desert, half bottle of wine and coffee. We will be returning again.

• Visited March 2014
Lexington, Virginia
“First-Rate. . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our party of three had the pleasure of dining @ the new Capri Restaurant on Saturday, 3/15. It was first-rate in every respect. My supper companions, who own a small business in Granger, had salads as appetizers, while I had the artichoke hearts, which were DEE-licious.

One of my guests had a pasta entree and raved about it. The other had a chicken dish that she, too, said was terrific. I had the pork-chop entree, and it was divine. We enjoyed a very nice $50 bottle of chianti that was just plain excellent.

One guest passed on dessert. The other had gelato with Kahlua and chocolate sauce and couldn't say enough good things about it. I had my favorite Italian dessert, spumoni, and it lived up to my sky-high expectations.

The service provided by our waiter, 'Lester', was upscale, smooth, and unobtrusive throughout. He really knows his stuff. Smooth as silk.

And the ambience, well, we were there for just short of three hours, and we could have easily stayed for two more because it was so pleasant and so comfortable. As a 'foodie' who has eaten in bistros and restaurants around the world, I recommend the Capri without hesitation or qualification. You won't regret going there. . .and the next time I'm in Granger, I'll be back there for supper.

• Visited March 2014
granger, in
“Class dinning...hope they are successful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Classy updated restaurant......good food......good service........great atmosphere...(not very busy)

• Visited January 2014