“Dinner with a flair!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Capri Restaurant

Capri Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Granger
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Iowa, USA
“Dinner with a flair!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We have dined here 3 to 4 times since it has opened and every time just gets better. Tonight we (two couples) shared a great meal all the way from the appetizers, through the main course, dessert and after dinner drinks.

All four selections were great! The wine matched perfectly and the waiter was friendly and helpful.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MmurphyIowa_USA

Granger, Indiana
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Question: where do you take your Italian friends out to eat Italian food in South Bend?
Answer: I would take them to Capri Granger.

Took the whole family this Sat to have a try-out. Capri passed with fine colors. The decor is warm & welcoming. The food is great, very authentic, I only wish the table are bigger, that way we can order more food to share without worrying about knocking down wine glasses & water glasses.
For Antipasti, I esp like the hot sliced eggplant w/cheeses & tomato sauce. For main courses, my husband ordered the fish of the day--grilled swordfish. We all had difference pastas, they were all good, love their tomato sauce.
Another fun thing to do is to save some room for their desserts to share. My husband ordered chocolate cake which is yummy. My grown kids ordered gelato w/pistachio, it came with a shot of Kahlua w/chocolate syrup & whipped cream. Capri also got a good selection of after dinner drinks too. Overall nice food with reasonable prices.
Our waiter is Gabe, he was wonderful--very attentive. The manager that day is Angela, she is a gem, talked to her when I make the reservation, she understood our needs & did her best to accommodated us.
We had a wonderful time & already planning to take our Italian friends over there next time.

• Visited April 2013
Livonia, Michigan
“A Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

There are three things important about a successful restaurant. Food, service and location. This place has two of the three.
The only thing it lacks is the location. But it is well worth your while to find it!

I visited this restaurant over five times! So I write this review fully knowing what their strengths are.

The first is the FOOD. It is outstanding!. Authentic Italian food.

Second is the service. Truly outstanding! From the waiters to the bartender you need nothing. They anticipate whatever you need.

The value quotient is beyond compare!

Ask for Angela, the manager. She will set you up with whatever you need.

It is not that crowded or intimidating.

Take my word for it... truly a great little gem and a unappreciative area.

Just do it!

1 Thank JWA18854
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Girlfriend had the tortellini with crimini mushrooms.....omg it was amazing and i ordered the filet.... honest to god i would put that filet up against any filet around. Ruth chris who!!!!!

Mishawaka, Indiana
“Shocking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We eat at all the italian restaurants. This had to be the worst ever. The salad---dry and no taste! My fettichini diner---no flavor---a frozen meal from Martin's would have been better. My wife's ravoli was average if that. Nice building---bad food. I will never go back. When I said something they didn't even seem to care.
Randy Sharkey