“Third time a charm?”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'm going to be generous and award the Capri an "average" rating today. Based on two dining experiences there since they opened. The first time, we dined with another couple. The place was not busy at all, since it was so new at the time. Our server was new, still learning the ropes. But we were very happy with his service, not too pushy, but very attentive. The meal itself was very good, soup hot, salad cold, entrees hot and served in a reasonable amount of time. The food was flavorful, the portion sizes were not huge, but enough to be filling and leave room for desert. However, the second experience was polar opposite. Appetizers were cold, salad was served first - it was like something from a bag, that had been chopped up into even smaller pieces and it had a drizzle of balsamic vinagrette on it, with two micro mini tomatoes per plate. Fresh from the oven dinner rolls for a table of 6 - we got 4 rolls. Entree was lukewarm to cold and so over-cooked it was just sad. At this point we were very hungry - and didn't even notice that the meat portion of the meal was the only thing served! We were all finished chewing..and chewing..on our meat, when suddenly we were handed a bowl of vegetables. Granted they were hot, but undercooked and salted beyond recognition of any flavor other than the salt. At last they came and cleared our table. And we looked forward to desert. It was then that another bowl of rolls appeared! In all honesty, I must tell you - desert was fantastic! I don't know if it is made fresh at the Capri or if it was purchased. But it was delicious! The atmosphere of this newly remodeled building is first class all the way - I'm hopeful the kitchen will catch up soon.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We dined here last week. Newer restaurant in the area and wanted to try it out. It has a wonderful decor with nice table settings and furnishings. From the decor we would definately recommend it to others.
Three people at the table dined on the special that evening, and it was EXCELLENT.
Another person in our group enjoyed their choice off the menu.
Two other people chose a fairly simply dish and the thought was that it was better from the jar at the supermarket than here. That was very disapointing to those who ordered it.
The one thing that really bothered the young mother in our group was that her young boys spotted a nude or semi nude photo on the wall when they were leaving the restaurant. I did not see it. But, if it is on the walls, perhaps should be away from young eyes?

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband, daughter and I went to Capri's in August for the first time. We were excited to see a new restaurant in Granger that was not part of a chain. Well, our excitement was short-lived by the bland food and terrible marinara sauce -- how can an Italian restaurant survive with a marinara sauce that is worse than store-bought?

My husband ordered the special, chicken lasagna, and my daughter had the spaghetti. Both of them complained about the blandness of the meal. The marinara sauce tasted like puréed tomatoes and nothing else. The "homemade" noodles were thick, chewy and like eating rubber. Also, no fresh-grated cheese was offered, only what tasted like store-bought Kraft parmesean cheese was brought to the table. The bread for the table was dinner rolls, not Italian bread, and they were cold. My meal was the pork with potatoes and a vegetable, it was average, at best.

The service was slow, even though the restaurant was not busy and our waiter only had one other table. My husband and I each had a cocktail, our daughter had a soda and I also ordered a salad. We chose not to get coffee and dessert since the service was slow and we were ready to leave by that point. The bill was pricey considering the extreme lack of quality and what we ordered (the lasagna and spaghetti had no option of a side like soup or salad). The only positive for us was the ambiance was lovely. However, this does not compensate for the rest of our experience and we do not plan on returning to this restaurant.

4  Thank trimmie
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Capri Restaurant is the perfect addition to the Granger area! I don't know how anyone could have a negative experience! The food was outstanding, the service was perfect and the atmosphere/decor is beautiful! I can't wait to return!

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The best Italian food in the area. The atmosphere is cozy. Very reasonably priced. And the service is very friendly.