“Superb food but VERY SLOW service - don't be in a hurry”
Review of Yesterdays

Yesterdays
Reserve with OpenTable
Yesterdays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 60 Restaurants in Granger
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Yesterday’s Granger Indiana

First, we have been going here for nearly 20 years. Superb food in very generous proportions. SAVE room for desert. Take a look at the deserts being served to other diners. You may wish to skip the meal!
Charming, old movie theme. I recommend highly the Haskins goes to Hollywood starter. Delicious, huge portion of scallops, shrimp and mushrooms in a mushroom cheese crock pot with lots of bread, Nearly a full meal.
I usually get the blackened prime rib. Cost an extra dollar. Be wise and spend it.

Now the criticism. Time to dine. The web site does warn of delays but last Saturday approached irritation. Seated with reservations at 630, drinks ordered at 640 drinks arrived 20 minutes later. Got the ordered appetizers’ after 45 minutes. Entre at one hour 28 minutes. Other diners were also joking about the long times between putting in simple orders such as drinks and starters and the serve time. I started checking times after hearing other diners complain after we had been seated.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

It was quiet, we could enjoy our conversation, and the food & the service were excellent. We weren't rushed and we took advantage of that.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

In our group of eight only one finished their meal. The house and the décor were interesting. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. The servings were huge even the ice cream dessert which I couldn't finish. This may be the best restaurant in the area, we didn't try any others but will look for others if we ever go back to the South Bend area.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

When I travel abroad the taste of home I always miss is Yesterdays. The owners, Bill and Evonne, have created a memorable dining experience in the heart of Granger. I can't say enough for the food here! I have so many favorites here: Uncle Matt's Chicken Lips (best buffalo chicken fingers EVER), the Baked Garlic, French Onion Soup, brie - and that's just the appetizers! What I love most about this restaurant is you won't find the usual, tired entrees from the large chain restaurants. This is all homemade goodness and as unique as the decor on the walls. If you can restrain yourself from gorging do it because the desserts are epic! They bring out a tray of entirely homemade desserts that are colossal in size and just as impressive in taste. Without a doubt they have the best Key Lime Pie I've ever had. You usually need reservations on weekends, especially Notre Dame home games.

1  Thank TravelingFool1974
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Dined at the resturant with business colleagues. The group was large and service was good considering the size of our group. The dinner was passable. Fish was ordered and and it was presented and sliced improperly. Part of the group ordered a malbec wine from argentina and it tasted old and sour. The resturant prides itself on desserts. The waiter's presentation of the dessert selections was knowlegeable but too long. The dessert was great.