“Great food and Great Service”
Review of Yesterdays

Yesterdays
Reserve with OpenTable
Yesterdays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 60 Restaurants in Granger
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Husband and I went here on Saturday June 30th. A dinner away from our one year old son. I had been to Yesterday's before but not for about 10 years. First time visit for my husband. The ambiance of the restaurant is a bit strange, but interesting at the same time. Christmas lights and old antique stuff on the walls and tropical table cloths. Our server was wonderful. She was well informed and very nice. We ordered calamari to start. It was very good. We both had french onion soup. It was very tasty. My husband had prime rib and I ordered a new york strip. His was wonderful. My steak was over cooked. The waitress asked a few times to replace it or even swap it out for prime rib. I told her it was fine, I was already pretty full. She offered a free dessert and I accepted. I had cheesecake, my husband had the coconut cream pie. They were both fantastic. We had a lovely time, despite my over cooked steak, which I know happens sometimes, and the waitress was very nice about it and offered different things to compensate. We will be returning for sure.

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Always an amazing meal. The roasted garlic appetizer is an impressive dish and too delicious for words. The nighttime atmosphere is cozy and romantic. The cheesecake is awesome!!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We tried this place out, based on several recommendations. We actually ate there on my birthday. They came out with a sombrero for me to wear, asked the entire restaurant to sing Happy Birthday to me, took my picture, AND printed it for me on spot before we left.

Like others said, the prices were high, BUT you get tons of food! And the food was wonderful! We heard the desserts were out of this world, and they did not disappoint! The dessert comes with at least a cup of homemade whipped cream. YUM! We'll be back! :)

Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is our favorite restaurant. Period. The best food, the best service and, oh my, the best desserts you've ever seen! We go every (every!) New Year's Eve, and we try and visit other times throughout the year. In the nicer weather, they have a great outdoor seating area. Highly recommend for everyone.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have driven by this place for years and had never stopped in for dinner. Boy are we glad we decided to try someplace new this time! Following a friend's advice, we made reservations and even then, it was nearly 10 mins before we were shown our table. Very popular place!

Having now dined there twice, here is my thoughts:

FOOD: Honestly, the food is really good. The menu is really pretty varied and I would imagine there is something for everyone. The only person who wouldn't be happy is someone who isn't very hungry. All the plates are HUGE. Even the apps, so be forewarned...you better pack an appetite. I ordered the black and blue steak both times (not very original, sorry). Filet stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon?? Yes, please! It was served with a small shovel's worth of smashed garlic potatoes and some veggies. To be honest, I thought the bacon was too much (did I just write that?). The 2nd time, I took the bacon off. We ordered the roasted garlic. Very good app, although I wish they removed the garlic from the shells first for ease of consumption. My wife had the small filet, which she really enjoyed and some fish dish the 1st time. Didn't have any room for the dessert truck they park at your table after dinner. But everything looked good.

DECOR: Honestly, I'm torn on this aspect of the restaurant. The theme seems to be a blend of sports bar, wacky holiday rooms, and a TGIFriday's. Given the proximity to ND, I understand kinda the desire to bring that decor into the mix, but really I have struggled with the ambiance for one reason alone......:and that is....

PRICING: Wow. Take your gold card. The price point is where I struggle. The food is worth the price they ask, no doubt. The service is excellent. My struggle is the ambiance. I have a hard time spending $200 for dinner feeling like I'm hanging at the local sports bar. I guess when I want a nice dinner, I have a certain image of the ambiance that goes along with it (HINT: it doesn't include jeans!). And this doesn't fit the bill. Having said that, now that I know what to expect, when we dine here we don't dress up.

All in all, Yesterday's is a good, unique restaurant with VERY friendly people and great food. A little too casual considering the pricing, but an excellent place to dine.

1  Thank skibum123