“Gone but not entirely”

Add it.
Victorian Pantry
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The original bistro has been closed and the owner has moved some distance to the east and has downsized significantly, focusing more on his catering business. There are still a couple of table and you can get coffee or a sandwich, but mostly I make the trip to buy the coffee to take home. The house blend, walnut-flavored, is wonderful.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

When I worked in the same plaza, I would always make a stop for their coffee and breakfast treats!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

first, buy the coffee, then buy some beans to take home. (you'll never find better!) if the prepared salads and dishes under glass look good, it's because everything is. have i tasted anything from chef steve that was average? no. always fresh food, always a taste or recipe that's NEW and exciting.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I have gone here for years and for various reasons. The overriding point I would urge about the Victorian Pantry is that they emphasize quality and genuineness in their foods. Much of their business is actually catering, so good food is really their strength. I go in here for several reasons: they are the only place I know in the area that sells genuine boiled bagels (out of Chicago) or high-quality croissants. They get in fresh-roasted coffee beans, which I buy a pound of every so often. They also offer numerous excellent soups, which you can take out, too. At holidays, they supply my turkey: you get a great price on an all-natural bird, raised near Goshen, and you order ahead for the day you want to pick it up. (I roast the bird myself, but they'll roast it for you if you like, so you can order ahead and walk out the door with a full dinner.) Their pies are also excellent.

My only (slight) quibble about the food is that the chef seems rather opposed to salt, so with my tastes I generally have to add some. Also, there service can be a bit slow, as they don't have a huge staff. This place is, to sum up, a local treasure.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

The atmosphere of this place is similar to a cafe but very homey and relaxing. You order you food from a Deli counter, but this is not deli. The food is full of flavor and is made onsite not from a box. has grandma's tables and chairs and is very down to earth. Great place for a business luncheon or just to go out for crumpets and tea...
The coffee is very good and we decided on the french press. Excellent!!

1  Thank buckleroos