“Superior Service”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
Verona, KY
“Superior Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Normally I don't take the time to write reviews, but my stay was so exceptional that I felt I should let everyone know what a wonderful place this is! While the hotel is a bit outdated, it has it's own charm and is very well maintained. The rooms, while smaller than your average Marriott, are immaculately kept and so are the grounds. The outdoor pool/gazebo area is pretty and a great place to relax. However, the staff is what makes this Marriott stand out. There was NOTHING that they wouldn't do to accomodate us and make our stay as comfortable as it could be. I was traveling in a group and we needed to be out of the hotel by 7:15 a.m. It was a Saturday and breakfast didn't start until 7:00 a.m. The staff came in early and had everything piping hot and delicious for us at 6:30 a.m. so we could eat before our long day. This is just one example of the meticulous care that was exhibited during our 4 day stay. Also, trust their recommendations for The Rising Roll Bakery and other local hot spots! They know right where to send you to soak in the true flavor of Amish Country. Stop looking and start booking! You won't be disappointed!

1 Thank Susan L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Older property very well maintained. Room was clean and nice, breakfast great. We'd stay here again. Rate was a little high, but comparable to other motels in the area. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Toledo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

As a Marriott rewards member, I chose this hotel because it was Marriott based, and because it was close to Amish country. We were allowed to check in early. Our room on the second floor had a woodsy view, which was nice. I agree with the prior reviewer that the rooms are outdated, but the customer service, breakfast buffet and pool make up for it. Every need was met, and every person who worked there, including Reaiah, who seemed to be a jack of all trades, made our stay very enjoyable. The kids enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool. I slept all through the night without waking (unusual for me with back issues). Other than the rooms being outdated, this would have received 5 stars.

Room Tip: Rooms with a trees/woods view instead of city view.
Jamestown NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this property on my way from Chicago to Western NY. The property was about 20 miles off of the Indiana Toll Road, so it wasn't as convenient as I would have liked. However, many of the other hotels I called were booked, so I decided to try this one. There were a lot of families with young children at the pool and snack area so my thought of a leisurely swim didn't materialize. I was concerned there would be a lot of noise in the evening hours, but there wasn't. Check in was very smooth. Room clean and comfortable. Because of the location, I'm not sure I would stay here again but it was a nice stop for one night.

Room Tip: I don't have any helpful information on this topic.
Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mathew H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott-Goshen. While we were a little off the beaten path of your travels, we are pleased to hear you found the check in process "smooth" and the room "clean and comfortable". If you ever happen to find yourself in the Goshen area again, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel!

South Bend
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Goshen, IN over the weekend of April 19th. This Courtyard like most of them was very clean but very dated. The service was great and we were well taken care of. Most of the furniture in the room was older as with the fixtures in the bathroom. The room did have a large flat screen LCD TV and the bed was very comfortable. The have a full breakfast menu. I ordered an egg sandwich and my wife ordered the buffet. She was happy with her breakfast. When my breakfast arrived, the toast was not done (bread was still white) and the egg was so hot it burned my mouth. I asked the waitress if I could exchange it for the buffet and she said no problem. Later when she returned with the bill, I found that all our meals had been compd. I would recommend Courtyard for business trips and such.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mathew H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott-Goshen. We are excited you found the service to be "great" and the hotel "very clean". Please know that your comments are being utilized for future improvements and training, so they are definitely being heard and appreciated. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in the Goshen area!

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I must say when I first saw my room at the Marriott in Goshen I said this isn't a Marriott! The service of the front desk staff though made up for the smaller room. We didn't spend much time in the room so it didn't bother us that much. The rooms were clean and the beds and bedding were very comfortable.

The indoor pool with spa was much enjoyed by my kids. It was a nice place to sit and watch them swim.

It snowed while we were there and the hotel staff even cleaned off every cars windows! Next time in Goshen we will be back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mathew H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott-Goshen. Although the room was smaller than you prefer, we are thrilled you found our staff to be accommodating and helpful! We are also glad to hear you were able to enjoy the amenities that we have to offer at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott the next time you are in the Goshen area!

Council Bluffs, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here recently while visiting family. Though it is an older Courtyard, it is nicely reconditioned, has comfortable rooms with great rates and helpful staff. Close to shopping and restaurants. Great Stay overall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mathew H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott-Goshen. We are pleased to hear you found your stay to be "comfortable" and the staff "helpful". Your comments are definitely appreciated! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in the Goshen area.

Operations Supervisor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goshen
Hampton Inn Goshen
Farmstead Inn
#2 of 5 in Shipshewana
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!