“Never Again”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Never Again”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Had made a 4 night reservation almost two months in advance of staying at this property. Upon arrival, on a Wednesday, was given NO option but a second floor room. No where in the reservation description did it bother to note there is NO elevator at this property. It was take it or leave it. Also, led to believe the continental breakfast was free-wrong again. Finally, couldn't get the air conditioner to moderate-either 50 or 90 in the room, no in between setting possible.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Martin C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This Courtyard by Marriott was previously a Carlton Lodge, so it does not have the typical floorplan designed by Marriott. Thus, the hotel does not have an elevator for rooms on the second florr. The desk staff is friendly and offers to assist with luggage, but guests on the second floor are always forced to climb the stairs. There is free internet access in rooms and on computers in the lobby, and the hotel provides free popcorn and cookies as snacks. There is also an indoor-outdoor pool with a hot tub. There is a breakfast buffet, but it is not complimentary. I would say that this is a nice place to stay if you can get a room on the first floor. If not, I would suggest staying at the new Hampton Inn right next door.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed one night in a jacuzzi room. The rooms were clean, a little outdated but whatever. The guy at the front desk told us that breakfast was served 7-10 a.m. we assumed that meant complimentary breakfast, we did pay 110 bucks for the room. Only after we had finished breakfast the next morning did they tell us that breakfast was $8.95 and pointed to a small sign near the entrance to the restaurant. Guess it was our fault for assuming that Marriot was as nice as a Hampton Inn...wrong. We will stay at the Hampton down the street next time in town, its the same price and the hotel is newer and the breakfast is included.

• Stayed July 2011
Monroe, Michigan
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Our room smelled horribly of smoke, so we immediately called the front desk and ask for a new room. The staff was friendly and helpful and quickly moved us to another room. The second room was musty, but not smoky. If it had not been so late at night, we would have moved to another hotel. The carpets are worn, the beds are hard and the overall feel in the bathroom was that I wanted to take a shower after I took a shower.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Very nice staff and lobby. Pool was dirty but courtyard was pleasant. They offer an out of pocket breakfast but it is overpriced for me. Cereal, fruit and juice would suffice yet they wanted to charge me nearly $10 to prepare an egg. No thank you. The beds were clean. They misleadingly claim truck parking, and direct your truck/trailer to the strip mall parking lot. Staff is great and I'll stay again. They offer a cookie, lemonade and snack mix for afternoon check in. They have a business center and a good indoor outdoor pool with a hot tub. Little excessive with the need to use keys for indoor access but that's better than no security.

• Stayed June 2011
Dover, Ohio
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This hotel is out-dated and tired. I noted the other comments stating that the staff was friendly; however I only encountered once such soul. My first room was filthy and the bed was as hard as a rock. I moved the next night to what appeared to be the cleaner side of the facility but suffered the wrath of the neighbor’s toddlers! I absolutely agree that this Courtyard does not hold up to Marriott standards and I even called Marriott to discuss this. They simply referred me to the hotel manager who never returned my call. He emailed me (I am a rewards member and email is on file) and stated that he was sorry and would give me 2,000 bonus reward points. While I am appreciative, I am simply disappointed. I give it my best effort to always stand by Marriott and use their facilities when I travel, however I will not be returning here. It is a shame because I will be now frequently traveling to this area. I hope this helps someone else. I never complain and typically rave about Marriott. What a letdown! To add one more thing, the internet is only wired in the rooms!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel is a little outdated, but the staff make up for it. The front desk help was always very friendly and showed that they cared for their guests.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goshen
Hampton Inn Goshen
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Brook Pointe Inn
Brook Pointe Inn
#2 of 2 in Syracuse

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!