“Don't be fooled, the breakfast is not free.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
“Don't be fooled, the breakfast is not free.”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed one night in a jacuzzi room. The rooms were clean, a little outdated but whatever. The guy at the front desk told us that breakfast was served 7-10 a.m. we assumed that meant complimentary breakfast, we did pay 110 bucks for the room. Only after we had finished breakfast the next morning did they tell us that breakfast was $8.95 and pointed to a small sign near the entrance to the restaurant. Guess it was our fault for assuming that Marriot was as nice as a Hampton Inn...wrong. We will stay at the Hampton down the street next time in town, its the same price and the hotel is newer and the breakfast is included.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Monroe, Michigan
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Our room smelled horribly of smoke, so we immediately called the front desk and ask for a new room. The staff was friendly and helpful and quickly moved us to another room. The second room was musty, but not smoky. If it had not been so late at night, we would have moved to another hotel. The carpets are worn, the beds are hard and the overall feel in the bathroom was that I wanted to take a shower after I took a shower.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Very nice staff and lobby. Pool was dirty but courtyard was pleasant. They offer an out of pocket breakfast but it is overpriced for me. Cereal, fruit and juice would suffice yet they wanted to charge me nearly $10 to prepare an egg. No thank you. The beds were clean. They misleadingly claim truck parking, and direct your truck/trailer to the strip mall parking lot. Staff is great and I'll stay again. They offer a cookie, lemonade and snack mix for afternoon check in. They have a business center and a good indoor outdoor pool with a hot tub. Little excessive with the need to use keys for indoor access but that's better than no security.

• Stayed June 2011
Dover, Ohio
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This hotel is out-dated and tired. I noted the other comments stating that the staff was friendly; however I only encountered once such soul. My first room was filthy and the bed was as hard as a rock. I moved the next night to what appeared to be the cleaner side of the facility but suffered the wrath of the neighbor’s toddlers! I absolutely agree that this Courtyard does not hold up to Marriott standards and I even called Marriott to discuss this. They simply referred me to the hotel manager who never returned my call. He emailed me (I am a rewards member and email is on file) and stated that he was sorry and would give me 2,000 bonus reward points. While I am appreciative, I am simply disappointed. I give it my best effort to always stand by Marriott and use their facilities when I travel, however I will not be returning here. It is a shame because I will be now frequently traveling to this area. I hope this helps someone else. I never complain and typically rave about Marriott. What a letdown! To add one more thing, the internet is only wired in the rooms!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel is a little outdated, but the staff make up for it. The front desk help was always very friendly and showed that they cared for their guests.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Euless, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2011

If you are a diehard Marriott point collector like me and will stay in any Marriott property for the points and stays, then this Courtyard is your only option. Otherwise stay at the new Holiday Inn!

This is an old hotel gone under and purchased by Marriott Properties. the Rooms are dirty, the plumbing is old and the bathrooms are poorly maintained. The room service does the bare minimum and will not change the sheets unless you request it.

The staff is polite and friendly, The breakfast is geriatrics food.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 6, 2011

The hotel rooms are in need of a serious update. I can't understand why central AC units aren't the first thing to be installed! The main reason for my review, however, is to comment on the restaurant service. The morning server was rude by anyone's standards, and definitely not the first person you want greeting you in the morning. I was taken aback by how fast she shoved my check in front of me. I hadn't even sat down from the breakfast bar! I am a very frequent business traveler (80% of the month) but I guarantee that the next time I return to Goshen, it will not be to this property.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
goshengm, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
I am extremely sorry to hear that you did not feel your stay was up to Marriott standards. I assure you, we are carrying on in the Marriott tradition of excellence that has made Marriott an internationally recognized name associated with excellence around the world for over eighty years. The Courtyard by Marriott in Goshen is Indiana Amish Country's premier hotel. We have achieved consistently high marks on various Marriott property inspections. Please contact me on your next visit to the area and I will see to it that your next stay is a better one and will be at a special manager discount. My apologies and I hope to hear from you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goshen
Hampton Inn Goshen
Farmstead Inn
#2 of 5 in Shipshewana
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!