“Great Hotel With Friendly Staff!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
Fort Wayne
“Great Hotel With Friendly Staff!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The staff is friendly and caring and will try their hardest to make sure your stay is fantastic. The breakfast is actually pretty good as well. The hotel is new and very updated with a very good curb appeal. My only choice when traveling to Goshen for business.

I agree with the other person about wanting a room on the even side of the building if you're not use to a lot of noise and/or trains because it can get a little loud sometimes. Goshen has a lot of train traffic but the staff and quality of the stay are worth it.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel. Even numbered room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelingman1215
Terry R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate the kind words in regards to our staff. We do apologize for the noise you indicated but unortinantly trains are out of our control and this is someting all the hotels in the area suffer from. Once again thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lincoln, NE
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Goshen and have to say it was two of the worse nights of sleep I have had in a long time. The beds are quite hard and made me sore sleeping on them for two nights. I am a side sleeper, maybe those that can sleep directly on their backs wouldn't mind so much. Trains and highway traffic kept waking me up, one night, it seemed that trains went by very close to the hotel almost every 20 minutes, so once I awoke at 4 in the morning due to ambulances going down the highway, the trains kept me from falling back to sleep every 20 minutes it seemed. Also, the noise from the hallway was very loud, glad that the hotel was relatively empty when I was there.

Being a newer hotel, the rooms were fine as far as everything else went, I had a suite and it had a nice wet bar/kitchen area. They serve a pretty good free breakfast and the people that worked there were really nice, just wish I could have gotten some good rest as I was there for business and had long days ahead of me with clients. I don't know if there is a better option in Goshen, as the other hotels were much older, but it would be so much a better experience if they could try to insulate the windows and doors to make it quieter, and also more comfortable mattresses.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank NEBeachbunny
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The hotel was beautiful & staff very friendly & helpful. I stayed here for a Notre Dame game & it's only about 20mins from campus (with the way I drive lol!) Everything was wonderful & the rooms were clean & spacious. Only thing that would have made this stay better was if the hotel was closer to more businesses/major hwys. From Hwy 20 (main hiway to get on campus) it was still another almost 20miles of street riding just to get to the hotel. ugh! Hated that! Even to get to the restaurants & convenient stores were about 5-10miles away. Beware.. This is Amish land.. Take the wrong turn & you will be in no mans land! Overall.. VERY nice hotel :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Bradenton, FL
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is probably the best place to stay in Goshen. Be sure you ask for a room on the BACK of the hotel, where you will look out over cornfields, rather the front, where you look at busy Highway 33 and certainly hear your share of trucks overnight. The rooms on the back are even numbered.

Breakfast is exactly what you would expect. But the hotel is clean and decent. I thought it was a good value.

One issue: The night clerk, when I called for directions, was not familiar with Goshen and told me, when I called for directions, "I have no idea where you are" (I was five miles up highway 33). The place she recommended for dinner was closed that night and I would like my desk help to know these things.

Overall, a decent stay. I'd go back, but I won't go out of my way, either.

Room Tip: Choose an even- numbered room...they're on the back of the hotel, away from highway.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BarefootTom
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed here for 5 days to visit family and they were fantastic. The entire hotel is non-smoking which is great. The lobby and breakfast area are gorgeous as well. The rooms were very nicely decorated and spacious. Most of the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We checked in with Kendra and she happily honored our request for a room upgrade. And we returned late a few nights and enjoyed being greeted back by Ashley. This hotel is absolutely my 1st choice when coming to Goshen. A wonderful stay:)

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank rocket-girl920
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed at the hotel on my way to a class reunion. This was the 2nd time I had stayed there and was pleased with the first time, with the friendly staff, clean rooms, etc. On this trip, as I was leaving my room to check out, I washed my hands in the bathroom before leaving the room and accidentally left my rings on the bathroom counter. I did not realize this until about 2 hours later, driving down the road. I called the hotel and when I told them who I was and what room I had been in, they knew I was calling about my rings and had them there at the front desk, where the cleaning staff had turned them in. As I was not returning home by that route, they held them for me until I could make arrangements to have them mailed to me. Will DEFINITELY stay there again when I pass through!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Windsor
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We went on a family trip to Shipshewana Flea Market on July 12 and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Goshen Indiana. We had never been there before and didn't know what to expect. We were totally blown away! We have stayed at luxury hotels for 3x the price and this hotel was just as nice. The hotel is brand new and super clean. The room was huge with 4 queen size beds in 2 rooms with 2 flat screen tv's. It had a coffee maker fridge and microwave. The bathroom was huge. The hotel is close to restaurants and shopping.The breakfest buffet was the best I ever had. Pancake maker was awesome and the lady running it was super friendly and kept the bacon coming. The price was very very reasonable. All staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel is about 20 mins. away from the flee market but worth the trip. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Shipshewana Flee Market.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BigJ62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goshen
Hampton Inn Goshen
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Farmstead Inn
Farmstead Inn
#2 of 5 in Shipshewana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen? Share your experiences!