“bed bugs....”
Review of Best Western Inn

Best Western Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel many times in the past for business and had no problems. This time i found bed bugs in one of the beds, the other bed seem to be fine so i slept in it. but the staff & manager/owner did not want to here that they had bugs in the bed, the mattress pad was stained, very gross. The refused to discuss it. Wasnt asking for refund, just wanted them to be aware of the issue. Will never stay at this hotel again, i I think they must have changed managers/owners because they used to be very nice but not any more HORRIBLE STAY.....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lumpiesmom
bwgoshen, Owner at Best Western Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Our telephone conversation did not go well. I should have been more sensitive to the feelings of you and your dog. I felt attacked and said things I should have left unsaid. One thing I have learned about owning and managing this hotel over the years is to keep in mind how I would feel if I were the other person. I forgot that important lesson that day. I was upset and did not take your feelings into account like I should have. I apologize.

After you checked out, my staff and I and our pest control company (Orkin) extensively examined your room and found no bed bugs. I will supply Orkin's report upon request.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband and I stay here every time we come through Goshen, IN. The owners are on top of anything you need during your stay. The breakfast is awesome. Beds are clean and comfortable with 4 pillows each bed. They now have a laundry available at very reasonable cost. Love them, can't wait till we see them again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2014

this is a nice hotel in a good location...very close to shopping, restaurants, interstate ..sure I'd recommend this hotel to any business travelers or vacationers...rooms are clean and many channels to choose from on the tube...will be staying again next-time I'm out that way...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Caters to drivers/transporters with a great location. Breakfast is more than regular hotel chain breakfast. Rooms are comfortable, hotel is older but well kept. Walls are kinda thin is the only downside I can offer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We arrived Thanksgiving evening after a 16 hour drive. We asked for a place to go to find some dinner and were told most places were closed because of the holiday. The receptionist said they had some of the dinner that was left over from the family celebration and we were welcome to partake of it. It was some of the best Thanksgiving food I have ever had (sorry mom). The staff were friendly and the rooms were very clean and well kept. This is a very well run family business. I would recommend this hotel anytime you are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
bwgoshen, Owner at Best Western Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

On behalf of my family and everyone who works here, thank you for your kind words. We were pleased to be able to share our Thanksgiving food. -Scott Baker, Owner

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I am going to ramble a bit but you have to use two hundred characters. This hotel is the best run facility in all of Indiana. Great breakfast, super clean, Fast and friendly. Wifi works fast, rooms are very elegant. The staff is the best and the value is very good. Thanx Jeff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We were THRILLED with this motel. The breakfast bar was great. All the offerings you normally get as well as sausage, ham, and veggies to mix in with your eggs. And they start at 4am which is excellent as so many start later then that and we have to be packed and gone. The rooms are very large. Each room had a fridge, microwave and a dvd player! The lobby even has dvds to borrow! We stayed during a bad storm and not only did the parking lot get plowed quickly, the walk ways were snow blown AND they even went between everyone's cars to snow blow so you had a clear path all the way around your car! We were so happy with our stay here. Its an older exterior entrance style motel but the common areas were very nice and clean (and beautifully decorated for Christmas. The 2 biggest things we were impressed with would be that the owner leaves his HOME and PERSONAL cell number in every room and wants to hear from you with any issues (bet he does not get many calls as we were so impressed!) and when we checked in they were baking cookies for the staff children Christmas party. So rare to hear about an owner that appears to care so much about his staff and guests! It defiantly is reflected in the wonderful facility he owns! Stay with confidence at this amazing hidden gem!

Room Tip: Bring DVDs to watch!