“Comfort and convenience”

Best Western Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Goshen
“Comfort and convenience”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were looking for motel in the South Bend IN area. Everything was full. We stayed in the Goshen Best Western in 2011 so tried it again and luckily they had a room available. Our only complaint was finding it after dark! Not easy even with a GPS. Maps from Notre Dame would be helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Middletown, Missouri, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Alwasys an excellent stay. A five star rating for cleanliness, comfort, and the lirrle things. They are ahead of you in service and details. Great breakfast. Worth it to go out of the way to stay. Goshen is a fine town and we like the storybook downtown and courthous.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Richard H
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had enough points to garner a free 1 night stay here during a weekend of a Notre Dame football game, and boy was I pleased. The service was good, the room was great, and the cleanliness was off the hook. I don't know if I've stayed in a cleaner hotel room. You're about 40 minutes from South Bend, and while this is a little off the path to Notre Dame, or the Toll Road, I would certainly stay here again. Staff was ok, but that's not why you stay at a hotel. The room and cleanliness were second to none. BTW, I'll be honest, I was a little concerned when we drove up, but had no worries once we entered the room.

Also, make sure you stop at Ben's Pretzel's, the BEST pretzel you will ever eat. GUARANTEED.

Room Tip: The trains don't run all night, but if you want quieter, stay away from the back building...ask...
A Lovely Place, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a family-owned "hometown" property and feels like it. Every I met enjoys their work here. This property is not "just a business" like many chain hotels. My BW.com website reservation could not be found, even though I had a printed confirmation document. Joel "dug in" and fixed the problem for me. He even found that another hotel had signed me up for the loyalty program even though I am already a member (gotta cancel that other number). Breakfast was a beautiful layout. Standard "plus" level breakfast instead of just the basics. The scrambled eggs were the best I've had which originated in the liquid egg packages -- they were actually fluffy like made from scratch. I was in town teaching a class and will stay at this property when I return to town in a few months.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dearborn Heights
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We wanted to stop by the Shipshewana Flea Market on the way home for our Labor Day weekend trip. We decided to stay in Goshen which is not that far from our destination. We were very pleasantly surprised with this Best Western. It looks like it might have been recently remodeled. The outside was freshly landscaped and the room had a huge window. The lobby was very welcoming and had fresh popped popcorn. The staff was so friendly and helpful, they felt like they were your neighbors. The breakfast was very nice also and they kept it stocked through out the morning. I would like also note that they had nice long breakfast hours, so if you wanted to sleep in you were still able to get breakfast. I will definitely be back when we are in the area again.

Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was happy to have selected the Best Western Inn in Goshen as a convenient motel for exploring Indiana Amish Country....just about halfway between Shipshewana and Nappanee. The clerk arranged a nice first floor room for my mother. We enjoyed the flat screen TV, microwave, DVD player and especially the mini-fridge. The breakfast was great for a motel this size. All the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I got a great AARP rate as well. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom could use an update, but I did appreciate the large separate sink and counter area since I shared the room with two other women. I would have preferred an interior entrance (not doors that open to the outside) but parking was convenient and there was no noise issue. Overall, this hotel was a great value and I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My daughter and son-in-law as well as my husband and myself stayed in two rooms over the ND Temple weekend. It was a clean place, with large rooms, and easy to get to. We loved this hotel. The front desk and breakfast were wonderful.

We just heard that this hotel is going to try to enclose the hallways since I do not think I would stay here in cold weather since it is a hotel with doors that open to the outside.... but our weather was warm and muggy. Parking was easy and I would definitely recommend this place for all Irish fans as well as visitors in the area.

Room Tip: I would pick a rear room in the front building which may be farther from the passing trains but actu...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goshen
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 6 in Goshen
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart

Been to Best Western Inn? Share your experiences!