“Comfy stay at Spring View”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Goshen
Spring View Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 17 Goshen B&B and Inns
Davenport, IA
“Comfy stay at Spring View”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at Spring View. It's a great place to stay if you're not on a schedule, and most people who come here should not be on a schedule. However, if you'll need your breakfast significantly earlier than the 8:30am time set by the proprietors you'll note that it may be difficult. Everyone eats at the same time. I am sure this makes it easier on the lady they hire to come in and cook breakfast, so I understand. On the second day of our stay I was unable to enjoy breakfast since I needed to be in town at 9 for the conference I was attending. Nevertheless I do recommend Spring View. The view really is great, and the facilities are also good. It sort of feels like you're staying with grandma. You won't find cable TV or wi-fi, but you will find comfy rooms, nicely decorated grounds, and a great breakfast. Goshen is a nice town and there is plenty to do in the area.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This was the first b&b we ever stayed at. My mother booked us a room for our anniversary weekend. I will be honest we were not looking forward to it. We had never stayed at a b&b and the thought of staying in "someone's house" did not appeal to us, but it was a gift so we went.

The hosts were very friendly and showed us to our room. We were tired from traveling so we laid down for a nap. After a few minutes my husband said to me "Do you hear that?" I asked him what sound as I did not hear anything and his response was Exactly! All you could hear was the birds and the breeze! That along with our comfy bed made for the best nap I have ever had!

Afterwords we enjoyed the common area overlooking the grounds and later took the little boat they had out on the spring. I loved that the common area felt homey and not stuffy. There was tons of books and magazines to read and games to play. We also had a small fridge in our room filled with snacks and drinks.

Breakfast the next morning was to die for! Stuffed french toast with raspberry sauce as well as eggs, bacon and fruit. There was plenty to eat. The hosts ate with us and the other guests. Everyone was so friendly. The other guests both nights we were there were from other countries and we enjoyed talking with them.

By the end of our stay we did not want to leave. I am so glad my mother booked that weekend for us! The Spring View B&B started our love of b&b's! We took a two week trip out west and stayed in nothing but b&b's! In fact if possible we always book b&b's over hotels.
Thank you Spring View!!!!

Note: We stayed a few years back trip advisor did not give us me an option of a date before 2010

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
KY
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This was our friends first experience with a B&B and we could ask for nothing better. It was so quiet and peaceful and the common areas were very comfortable and inviting. The day begins with introductions and a prayer before breakfast by Phil and you might get some magic from him after a wonderful breakfast prepared by Ros, We are looking forward to a return visit to the area and will schedule our trip around room availability at Spring View.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank OCDtraveler
Frankfort, Indiana
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We have never stayed at a B$B until this week. Our first experience was very enjoyable. Relaxing on the swings,using the pontoon paddle boat, feeding the fish, reading in the sun porch, the whirlpool tub/steam/double shower were all great features. The host and hostess (and their helpers) were the best! We don't have any complaints whatsoever. We will recommend this place to our family and friends.

Room Tip: Request the burgundy or green room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Our extended family has come to regard the Springview as our "home away from home" when we gather in Goshen for our family reunions in the summer. Our family includes babies, young children, adolescents, and the more mature yet "young at heart set. The accommodations are extremely comfortable and clean, the breakfasts are amazing, and the countryside is pastoral--complete with a view of grazing cows! The B & B is located near but not in Goshen and is within easy driving distance to Shipshewana and Nappanee.

Room Tip: Burgundy and Green rooms are particularly nice
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Westland, Michigan
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We have been there at least 8 times over the years. Phil and Roz (owner) are the best host that you could ask for. We have stayed at other bed and breakfasts but we keep coming back. This is the best most relaxing B&B that we have ever visited. I feel like maybe I should not write this review because this place could become so popular that I may not be able to get a room. We normally stay in the 2 bedroom suet with frinds that we wou7ld like to share this place with.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rrcomand
Sevierville TN
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Just returned from a 10 day stay at Spring View - the BEST breakfasts, very comfortable room with in-room fridge (stocked wtih beverages) and snack basket. Lovely grounds that are well maintained in a 'country quiet' location only minutes from Goshen and surrounding communities. Stayed in the Green room with view of pond and steam bath. Sun porch was a favorite place to sit and relax at the end of the day. Can't say enough about the hospitality of Phil and Roz (owner), Tammie and Brenda. They are full of suggestions of things to do and see in the area and they felt like family at the end of our stay. Highly recommend this B&B in all aspects - two thumbs up!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business