“Artesian Pizza”
Review of Venturi

Venturi
Ranked #1 of 94 Restaurants in Goshen
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Serving Italian pizza made with the finest ingredients.
Description: Serving Italian pizza made with the finest ingredients.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very good homemade pizza. Not for traditionalists though. What is different is that the crust is very thin and they use different toppings. Lot's of vegetables. The mozzarella is made on site and the tomato products are imported from Italy. There is 1 pie with pepperoni the rest use ingredients not found in the chain pizza places. Venturi also has sandwiches and appetizers. The sandwiches are nothing special. Loved the Bruchetta appatizer in the summer when tomatos are local and fresh. There is a bar with a full range of drinks including some craft beers and imported wines. Venturi seems to use mostly homemade and local ingredients. All pizzas are about 10 inches and can be shared if not very hungry. They do go well with an appetizer too.

This is not a place that young children will like. Take them to a more traditional place. It is a nice place for adults to gather for a relaxing meal and good conversation. The place is small so sometimes it can be noisy since tables are close together

There are newer reviews for Venturi

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've heard a lot about Venturi with it's "life-changing pizza", etc. While I can't say my life has changed now that I've had their pizza I can say that I'm glad I went and tried it out. It's a small boutique-ish place, fairly hip, and not particularly what you might think you'd find in Goshen, Indiana. Nice little bar (but it needs a mirror behind the bottles). A lot of hard surfaces so it's not quiet, especially if there happens to be a table of ladies having a girls night out and not mindful of being in a public place.
I was a little surprised at the costs - while the 2 house wines were 4.50/glass (the merlot wasn't very good - suggest you get a beer or something else) the others were 7.95 and up. The wine list was abbreviated, unfamiliar and non-descript. $13 for a bruschetta appetizer seems a little much even if the tomatoes are heirloom and the mozzarella is house-made. The fig pizza cost 17.95, was good, a little eclectic, certainly different, but wouldn't order it again. The margherita pizza was by far our favorite - yummy crust, terrific fresh sauce, fragrant basil, great fresh mozzarella. Now that pizza would be worth returning for - but the others are intriguing and I'm tempted to go back and try them.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We came to Goshen IN for a concert and were steered to this restaurant by the concert people. WOW what a great meal, the ingredients were so fresh and the pizza had such great taste with a thin crust that we really love.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Passing through, got two pizzas to go (Amatriciana and Pizzicato). Real, Italian-style wood-fired pizza (thin crust, light on sauce) and delicious. Restaurant is simple but nice, and small bar stocks high quality liquor (Templeton Rye, Bombay Sapphire Gin, etc).

1  Thank GrnMonster
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Maybe I am spoiled to Chicago ( From the burbs ) Pizza which offers several types- all very good. This Pizza which claims to be authentic pizza was a major let down. Service was slow on a Tuesday night around 7:30 P.M- Why?? it was not that crowded. The waiter was friendly and took a while to get some great IPA Beer on tap, which was very tasty! I ordered a Pepperoni pizza but they were out of pepperoni!
The atmosphere was nice and the tiny bar was filled so I took a small table to myself in this modern styled small rectangular shaped restaurant.

The pizza came out quick since they use very hot ovens.I ended up with a mystery meat that was some type of Bacon with an Italian name- very plain and no flavor. The pizza looked like it was well done with charred marks on the raised crust. To my surprise, the pizza was soft including the crust and center. It was not even cut up. I ended up eating around the crust in a circular fashion- odd but I did not like flimsy crust. Gotta be crisp! The sauce was tasty but spread way too thin.

I am sorry but this was a big disappointment for pizza and expensive for a small ( only size ). It is just not worth the price. Be your own judge!

1  Thank HotRod1079

Been to Venturi? Share your experiences!