“I could have made this....... better”

The Brick Wall Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Was very excited when I received flyer in the mail; it looked like an upscale, cool place to eat. There was no ambiance. When they say "brick wall", that is describing the decor. Blah tables and blah chairs, felt like I was eating in a hospital cafeteria. The service was terrible. The waiter was training someone new, but ignored customers to show her how to work the menu machines. I even waved at him, and he didn't come over. Our food came 45 minutes after we sat down. The spinach dip tasted like old spinach, steamed up for the occasion; it had no flavor at all. The chicken sandwich was not seasoned in any way. I think it was a frozen breast, grilled, and some cheese melted over the top. Basically, it was not seasoned nor special in any way. Overall, this was one of the most boring places I have ever been. It is great for families with kids; there is nothing they could break as the plates and cups are plastic.

1  Thank Tripgoer2

Reviewed August 18, 2013

So happy to have a good restaurant locate here in Georgetown! Saturday is prime rib night and I have to say it is the best prime rib I’ve had in a long, long, time! Juicy, tender, perfectly cooked and deliciously spiced. Better half (a vegetarian) found several veggie-friendly choices on the menu, but was not as happy with her pesto flatbread pizza. Not bad, but “just OK”. She let me try it and I agree it was a bit plain and bland. Fresh ingredients, good crust, plenty cheese, but the pesto had no “zip”. Maybe not enough of the sauce on it, or not enough garlic? But did I mention the prime rib is to-die-for? Wonderful homemade desserts too. We had pina colada cake (very moist) and chocolate-peanut butter pie (decadent & delicious). I’d give a higher rating if DW’s pizza were better. But as it is, we’ll be back – can’t wait to try some of the other offerings and desserts.