All reviews cracker barrel no elevator the room was super clean wyndham rewards truck driver parking lot would stay again off the highway star hotel the ground floor staff was friendly comfortable bed short stay college visit location is great one night stay night's sleep
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

My sister and I stopped here on our way home from a reunion in southern Illinois. The staff was really nice and helpful. There is no elevator in this hotel and my sister has really bad knees and they made sure we were on the ground floor. Room was clean but had a bad smell otherwise it was a good room. Breakfast was also good. They had breakfast sandwiches which was nice. Good room but unpleasant smell.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night, passing through. The room was clean, with fridge, microwave and coffee maker, but quite dated and worn in places. Plenty of plugs for chargers and we found the bed comfortable, although it’s the old sheet and flannel blanket set of the last few decades. Despite being a Friday night, the hotel itself was very quiet, but we could hear highway noise. Front desk was great, allowing us to return to our room when we discovered a flat tire. I just found that for the rate, for a small town, the room was overpriced. I was expecting a little better for my money.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2018

This place is consistently clean. I have stayed here for years. If cleanliness is a concern of yours, this is the place to stay. Also the staff is very friendly. While I was there I experienced an issue that was taken care of. My family comes to those hotel for a yearly family reunion. We can count on the hotel being clean and the staff being kind.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

We had to come to the area for business. We have Wyndham Rewards and offen
stay at Super 8 motels. We read the reviews and were pleasantly surprising at how nice this motel was. This is your basis Super 8 but was very clean, well maintained and the staff was exceptional. If you need a place to stay and don’t want to spend a lot this is the place to stay. If we are in the area again we will be back.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2018

If you don't need pool/exercise amenities or a full breakfast this is a very comfortable affordable choice. The ground floor room windows do not have sheer curtains so opening the darkening curtains expose you to the parking lot and sidewalk.

Date of stay: May 2018