We had a fabulous visit over the Thanksgiving weekend!!! What a beautiful old hotel, made even more lovely with all the holiday decorations (see my pics). Folks, this is a Historic Hotel. In fact, just recently saw an article where they were voted the #1 historic hotel in America!
Check-in was easy, which was a welcome relief since we expected otherwise with all the additional (holiday) guests. Our room was very comfortable, but a little stark....could have used a recliner or sofa in all that open space.
The bathroom had double sinks/mirrors, which is always a huge bonus!
We only had one meal on property, and that was at The Power Plant. The food was good, but not great. The service was good, but not great. But, the entertainment was phenomenal....Sarah Stivers and her jazz quartet played music froim various genres including rock, pop, jazz and disco. We enjoyed them very much.
We had a lot of fun at the casino. They offer everything from craps to slots and everything in between.
We didn't participate, but they had this very fun family pajama thing going on.....we'd see whole families dressed in matching pjs...waiting for story time with Mrs. Claus, I think.
There are several adorable little shops along the route from the hotel to the casino. Candy store, clothing, jewelry and even a Christmas Store just for the holidays.
(We took HWY 150 (the back way?)from Louisville, KY to French Lick, IN...... What a beautiful drive it was....very scenic.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- French Lick Resort Casino is a $500 million historic restoration and casino development that includes French Lick Springs Hotel, French Lick Casino and West Baden Springs Hotel. This premier resort destination features 689 guest rooms and suites; 42,000-square-foot casino; 45-holes of golf, including fully restored Donald Ross Course and the new, 18-hole Pete Dye Course (opening Spring 2009); two full-service spas with a combined 36 treatment rooms and an array of dining and entertainment options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your French Lick Springs Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Lick Hotel French Lick
- French Lick Springs Resort
- French Lick Resort