Planned a fall golf getaway, went south from Chicago figuring on better chance of good weather. Once we passed Bloomington Indiana, where our daughter went to school, it was one lane and construction, over 6 hour drive....ugh. We stayed at West Baden, beautiful atrium, place was deserted. Room was very nice, wonderful bed, two showers, double sink, but......was only partially furnished??????? Spacious but no place to sit????? First night ate at Pete Dye Golf Course, just what we wanted. Checked out Casino at sister hotel. Very good. Shuttles to everywhere, drivers and staff extremely friendly.
Tuesday morning called for tee time...Main golf course closed for the week because they had a LPGA tournament the week before.....did I mention this was a golf getaway. 2nd course, off Site, was golf cart path only, impossible for a senior who can't walk. Ok, that left the 9 hole golf academy, HA, closed all morning for their weekly Senior Shuffle. Reserved a 1:30, oh well, go with the flow.
That left us with the morning in the town of French Lick, only attraction: The Museum. Sigh, the curator was once again very , very nice and informative and we did enjoy the circus display. Finally got on golf course, golfed well, then toured the French Lick resort, made dinner reservation at steak restaurant. Nice dinner, only one other couple in restaurant.
Advice: don't make the trip from Chicago. If you live in Louisville, maybe but keep in mind this resort is in the middle of nowhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- French Lick Resort Casino is a $500 million historic restoration and casino development that includes French Lick Springs Hotel, French Lick Casino and West Baden Springs Hotel. This premier resort destination features 689 guest rooms and suites; 42,000-square-foot casino; 45-holes of golf, including fully restored Donald Ross Course and the new, 18-hole Pete Dye Course (opening Spring 2009); two full-service spas with a combined 36 treatment rooms and an array of dining and entertainment options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your French Lick Springs Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Lick Hotel French Lick
- French Lick Springs Resort
- French Lick Resort