“Grand historic hotel for a quiet getaway”

French Lick Springs Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in French Lick
Terre Haute, IN
“Grand historic hotel for a quiet getaway”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

French Lick and sister city West
Baden are steeped in the grandeur of the days of mineral water springs and resort relaxation. Hotels feature spacious lobbies, restaurants and shopping. Friendly accommodating staff, classic rooms may feature a fireplace, garden views, comfortable beds, wifi, front porch for watching time go slowly by. Casino for adult fun. Swimming, bikes, golf, stables. Nearby towns offer other southern Indiana hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Indiana
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I like to go for our anniversary. The hotels and resorts are so historical and beautiful, its just fun to walk around and look at everything. The food was delicious, the pools were wonderful, and the grounds are very well kept.
There isn't a whole lot to do in the surrounding town/area, we did go to a movie one night, and take the train ride out into the forest. We don't gamble, but liked to walk through the casino and watch others.
The spa seemed overpriced (typical resort pricing) but it was beautiful. Husband really liked the golf amenities.
Its great for a shorter stay, especially from spring to fall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brittlee2004
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We just returned from a regional meeting with my husband's company. This place is wonderful, as soon as you walk in your eyes just go from the mosaic tile floors up to the fresco ceiling and all around to the gilding and marble. The room was small compared to modern-built hotel rooms, but comfortable. The hallway to our room was large and expansive, kind of reminded me of "The Shining". LOL. The food was good, the event center was great, the room was clean. We had wonderful shuttle service up to the stables one night. All around wonderful location!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
charlestown,inndiana, USA
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Every other casino in sothern indiana has a breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet available 7 days a week. French Lick used to offer this option. No longer...We arrrived at lunch time and were very hungry. We ended up with mediocore pub food at the "Power House". A snippy employee informed us the 'Grand Collande' is open only for breakfast and Sunday brunch.What's their justification for this glaring omission?? We'll not return FYI Belletera just renovated their buffet;it is 10 out of 10..

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank debra k
Carmel, Indiana, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We took our entire management team (40 folks) for an overnight offsite meeting to French Lick Resort. We generally have two of these meetings a year and they are meant to be a good mix of business, team building and fun/relaxation. I've put together many of these over the last 15 years, but this one was, by far, the best yet! The Resort team helped me put together an agenda that was a huge success with my team. I have stayed there many times with my wife so I always knew the accommodations and food would be over the top, but their meeting rooms and team building events were crazy good!! We did the GPS Cache which is a lot like the Amazing Race and my team loved it!! We did a bowling tournament and it was equally awesome. The rooms and Hotel always impress, but the food was so much better than the other places we have held these meetings. I would have to say that compared to most Resorts the pricing was a bargain for what we got. I have many gamblers on my team so they seemed to enjoy the casino quite a bit. Next time we go there we will leverage the stables and the Spa as I think they would play well with our team....and then there is always the golf courses!! Heather and Brandi took great care of us and the rest of their staff were equally awesome. We also did a wine tasting event with our team which was very cool with our younger managers who all seem to enjoy a good wine. This was a great event for my team!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor of the Spa wing and it was very comfortable. I ask many of my managers ab...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kentucky
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Had an extended family trip there for 3 days. The hotel is very old but it is in decent shape. The lobby is very ornate almost too gaudy IMO. There is a very nice veranda with rocking chairs which my 73 year old father in law enjoyed - however not much of a view of the main road and some sort of mfg facility across the way. Our room was smallish but it was comfortable. Only issues were a slow shower drain and some small mildew at the bottom of the shower curtain. We really enjoyed the pool area and the staff at pool side was attentive. Also we did a few byob by the pool which they didn't seem to mind.

We ate at Hagen's (at the Donald Ross course) which was very good. Also ate at the Power Plant restaurant on site. This place has no real charm and is just in an prior conference meeting room which was converted to a dining area. The food at the power plant was so so. I would look elsewhere in the future. We had the breakfast buffet all 3 mornings. It was decent food but I was not impressed with their made to order omelets. Breakfast buffet was a little pricey per adult but kids are free.

I played at the Donald Ross course which is well worth the fees. Very nice course.

I like how all the attractions are tied together and they have a great shuttle service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RobF379
indianapolis
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The resort is beautifully restored to old elegance of high society. Stayed in the premium room which was very nice. The bed was so comfy. Dined at 1875 The Steakhouse. Great food and super customer service. The prices are high but for upscale dining on par. Walked the resort. Went to the Kenny Rogers concert. Spent some time in the Casino playing slots. It was fun. The whole experience every interaction with the staff was super friendly and helpful. Made the stay very relaxing and enjoyable. Would definitely go back again. The piano player in the entry way was very welcoming. As was the rag time band playing in the evening. Warm chocolate chip cookie reception also. Makes it worth the drive since it is not close to any major highway or city. Good to get away from it all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Big Splash Adventure Resort
#4 of 5 in French Lick
West Baden Springs Hotel
#1 of 3 in West Baden Springs

Been to French Lick Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!