I recently stayed at the West Baden hotel at French Lick for the Indiana Dental Association Convention. The pictures on the internet don't give the location justice because it is outstanding there! There is so much history inside West Baden and the French Lick hotel and it was awesome looking at all the different pictures on the walls. The rooms were exceptionally clean and very spacious. In fact the beds were some of the comfiest I have ever slept in! I also had a massage at the spa and it was wonderful, a little over priced though! Although there were many wonderful things, we had our fair share of bad ones too. The restaurants inside the French Lick Hotel & Casino were awful. We ate at the Power Plant on our first night and had to wait almost a whole hour to receive our food. It was 10PM before we ate and the food was awful. The chicken was dry and had no flavor and the salad was soggy. When we complained they said the kitchen was far from where the restaurant was. We also ate at one of the buffets in the hotel between classes and the people were very unfriendly. It was like we were bothering them and also they were handling silverware with their hands and plopped it on our plates. We never were asked if we wanted drinks and when we did we got a "what do you want" answer. It seems like there are way to many young kids working there and they have no manners at all. We also smelled an awful smell multiple times of rotten eggs. The pool was nice, but many bugs were in it and when asked if they could skim it, it was again a big ordeal to do so.This hotel may be beautiful and have some amazing history, but if they want to make sure this resort stays up and running they have many things to work on. Two very important things, the friendliness of there staff and the food. i would not go back unless I hear they are doing some MAJOR improvements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- French Lick Resort Casino is a $500 million historic restoration and casino development that includes French Lick Springs Hotel, French Lick Casino and West Baden Springs Hotel. This premier resort destination features 689 guest rooms and suites; 42,000-square-foot casino; 45-holes of golf, including fully restored Donald Ross Course and the new, 18-hole Pete Dye Course (opening Spring 2009); two full-service spas with a combined 36 treatment rooms and an array of dining and entertainment options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your French Lick Springs Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Lick Hotel French Lick
- French Lick Springs Resort
- French Lick Resort