See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 19, 2008

on 3/19/08 my gf call for reservation,she ask for a confirmation number to make sure we would have room when the time came.the front desk ,said they don't give confirmation number,she said how we to know that our rooms we be available when we arrived,the guy told her you just have to trust me,then my gf,said that she read some reviews on the motel where peoples call ahead of time and got the same bs,but had no rooms when they arrived. he whole attitude change,he got very rude with her and i step in ask that all she wanted was to make sure we had rooms,they hung up the phone on us three time,so in my opinion i wouldn't let my dog stay there and referr anyone esle to stay there,very rude peoples who need to learn to treat peoples with respect not attitude JCB-Evansville

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2008

I thought it was a very nice place to stay. We did not want to spend $200 a night to stay at the resort, so we decided to try it out and it was just fine! The room was very clean and the staff was very nice. That's pretty much all that matters to me, cleanliness and service. The pillows were flat, but next time I'll just take my own! No big deal! We thought we received quite a deal for $77 a night! We would definitely stay at Lane's Motel again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GoMiners
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I was born and raised in French Lick and Lane's Motel has been in town as long as I can remember. My husband and I took a short trip back to my hometown while we were in the state so that I could show him where I grew up. We wanted to stay at the French Lick Springs Hotel or the West Baden Springs Hotel but we got in late at night and were leaving the next morning and couldn't see paying $300+ for a room to just sleep in. So, we stopped by Lane's. It was probably close to 11pm and the office door was locked and the lights were off but we rang the bell and Randy came and let us in. We got to the room and it was very clean and the beds were surprisingly very comfortable. I didn't see an ice machine (I'm sure they have one somewhere though) but we didn't need one since it was so late and basically we were just sleeping there. The shower was nice...I honesly can't find a thing wrong with our room. Of course it is dated, the furniture, carpet and bedspread were all old but were all very clean. There was a mini fridge that kept our drinks cold overnight and also a coffee maker, I believe. The next morning when we checked out, Randy was super nice and the lady cleaning the rooms was very friendly as well. I would definately do another overnight here. If you're looking for ammenities, pay the resort prices and stay there, you won't be happy here. I'm REALLY picky about the places we stay so I was afraid I wouldn't be happy here but I totally was. Their rooms were only $66 a night. I wasn't expecting much for $66. But, Lane's passed with flying colors! We've spent 5 times that on a room before that was not nearly as comfortable or clean as this was. If you want a retro-motel experience that is clean, comfortable, safe and inexpensive...stay at Lane's!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tri-turtle
Reviewed February 14, 2007

I found strange hairs in the bed, cigarette holes burned in the bed comforter, black stuff in the ice bucket, and what looked like dried feces on the toilet seat. I bought 2 new pillows at the Dollar General store because I was afraid to use theirs. We did not sleep under the comforter. I used the bathroom at a nearby hotel where our friends were staying. Scary!!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NotsoLucky
Reviewed July 29, 2006

Book the rear rooms, away from the street to keep noise level to a minimum. The room wasn't adequately cleaned as I found cigarette ash on the carpet by the bedside, thus the strong smell of cigarettes upon entering the room. The pool appeared adequately chlorinated, but wasn't filled to the marked depth levels. Clean towels were replenished every day. Staff was very informal, you had to fill out your own registration card. Outdoor ice machine wasn't working, you had to go to the office to obtain some.

Stayed: June 2006