See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Let me start by saying the motel is up for sale so I don't know if the owners have lost interest or what. They are a really nice couple and gave us some good tips about things to do in the area. The housekeeper knocked around 10 AM and we were not quite ready to leave the room yet so I asked her to come back but she didn't. The owners were very nice, gave us clean linens and asked if there was anything else we needed. The motel is in a really great area and the price was right. The room was spacious and had all the amenities you need. That is where it ends. The room was in need of a good cleaning. I carpet needed swept and the bathroom could have been cleaner. I checked the bed thoroughly and the sheets were clean. I think the housekeeper just does the minimum. Noting all this I do not think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank wkendtravlrWarren
2bluepoints, Guest Relations Manager at Lane's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2018

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your honest review. As the motel's new guest relations manager, I'd like to let you know that the property has not and will not be sold. The owners are in the process of updating the rooms and property. You can see pictures of the new rooms under the management photos. We take your concerns regarding housekeeping very seriously and I can assure you that you will not encounter the same issues. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2016

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, we found feces in the bed sheets call the hotel manager they were very rude we left the hotel immediately went back to the hotel the next day make sure took off charge card they did not say sorry or apologize and anyway very rude people

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank gage062016
2bluepoints, Guest Relations Manager at Lane's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Dear guest,

As the new Guest Relations Manager, I'm responding to your review despite it being two years old. When I asked management about your review and why the issue wasn't addressed, I was told it was because they knew nothing of this until your review appeared. They could not reach you after your review to get details before responding publicly. Neither you nor the person you were with and who wrote a similar review showed any evidence or even mentioned there being soiled linens. Had that actually have been the case, Lane's would have went above and beyond to rectify the situation. I'm sorry you were not happy with your stay for whatever reason, but I know for a fact that there never has been nor would there ever be a situation where guests would find soiled linens at our motel. We are an older property, but we take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and bedding. Because Lane's is the only review you both have ever written on Trip Advisor, we feel it's obvious this was a personal attack on the property for whatever reason.

Reviewed June 30, 2016

We stayed at Lanes Motel in May 2016. Rated No Star.We found HUMAN FISHIES in the bed........Pissed us off & grossed out ... Call owners and we left . Next day go back to made sure they had taken the cost off credit card.....Owners very rude & don't say sorry or anything that made me madder very rude. Would not recommend to anyone .

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family

Our management team was never made aware of this complaint until this review appeared. Because contact could not be made with the guests and they never brought their claim to the attention of our managers, we believe this review was a personal attack on our property for whatever reason.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

We planned a last minute overnight and settled on one of the chain hotels there just to find that we were overbooked and didn't have a room. The only place in the area that did was Lane's Motel. It is ranked #5 of 5 because it just cannot compete with the other 4 given that it is an old school motel. With that comes a lower price though, almost half the 2 hotels and less than a third of the resorts at about $75.

Our room was maybe OK. The carpet was pretty stained, but not offensive to my bare feet. The comforters look like they should have been replaced a decade ago judging from the condition they were in. One bed was comfortable enough, the other didn't seem so good. Updates had been made, but more could be done. It had a flat screen, fridge and microwave. I think of the room as being functional.

While $70 seems a bit much for this room, given its location and the other choices in the area, I guess it is not bad. The location is probably the best feature. It is less than a half mile walk to the Winery in one direction and the casino in the other with the "Downtown" just a little bit more down the road.

Room Tip: The motel can show as all booked up when it is not, so call to be sure.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pjmaloz1

Dear valued guest,

As the motel's new Guest Relations Manager, I'd like to thank you for your honest review. You'll happy to know that we are currently updating our rooms. A picture can be found under the management photos. Our location is a fabulous one and our new rooms will only enhance your experience at Lane's. We hope you'll visit us again in the future!

Reviewed June 1, 2016

This is an older motel right on the main drag, close to the casino and right next to the Dairy Queen. It has been updated inside with new TV's and it has a mini fridge which is nice, but it's nothing spectacular. You enter your rooms from the outside parking, no deadbolts on the doors. There was a coffee maker and hair dryer in the room. The mattresses need replacing as they were worn and a bit lumpy. I also found a large bloodstain on the underside of the bedspread. That was a turn off right there. My friend and I had connecting rooms but the door between the rooms was very loose, did not close very tight at all and it took a key to open it. The check in lade was very nice and friendly though. The cost per room was $65+ per night and no AAA or senior discounts. I get the idea here. You have huge fancy resort hotels costing hundreds of dollars a night, so if you are passing through or having to stay the night on the way home, you don't have many other options and they know it. To me $49 would have been a price more in line with what we got, an older motel with some updates.

Room Tip: Check out the room for cleanliness, mattress and comfort.
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank casinoguymichigan

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for your review and photos. As the motel's new guest relations manager, I'd like to let you know we're in the process of updating our rooms and property. You can see a photo of our new rooms under the management photos. We've also taken note of your issues with the bedding and door between the connecting rooms. Unfortunately because we are a budget friendly motel, we can not offer further discounts. We hope to welcome you back in the future.