Review Highlights
Polar express train excursion

Polar express train excursion was fun, but extremely overpriced for the first class tickets. $60 a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Jordan E
via mobile
Train "Robberies" became forced Patriotism....

When I was a kid growing up in Indiana, my parents took my brother and I to this train robbery... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Tess E
San Diego

All reviews polar express train robbery north pole wizard of oz french stick singing and dancing train trip minute stop served hot dark tunnel pretty scenery bought tickets lots of fun wild west show double decker hoosier national forest fun experience
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had first taken the train about 6 years ago. It was like I remembered. It was hot in the back car but once the train was going, tolerable. I like being able to look outside the open windows and enjoy the forest and scenery. Taking the trip makes me want to try other historic train rides.

3  Thank pawpoints
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Highly disappointed in this experience. $18 for what you receive is ridiculous. Spend your money elsewhere because I am not sure where they spend theirs. It seemed most of the crew was retired volunteers, the train car was an old Chicago Metra that was dirty, the windows were so scratched and faded and the air conditioning was a joke. Yes it was hot outside but it was just as hot inside with no breeze. I cannot believe they do this to their customers. Next is the scenic part, if you consider some corn, trees and some junkyards full of cars and trailers scenic than this is for you but I was expecting so much more. All the other passengers in our car started getting sarcastic and yelling car or junkyard when we actually saw something other than corn or a tree.

2  Thank zoofan77
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We took two10 year olds on the Wild West Hold up...not telling them anything except we were going on a train ride. Weren't they surprised when the train got "held up" by horse riding "bandits". The train itself are retired Chicago Metra rail cars and also some 1920's rail cars. On the way there we choose to sit in the old Metra cars since they had air conditioning and it was very warm out. We heard information about French Lick and the things we passed like Larry Byrd's boy hood home. But with all the trees it was hard to see anything out the windows. The kids were kinda bored. But once the "hold up" started they were completely wide eyed watching everything going on. You are told to get off the train because the bandit's steal the train money and then their is alot of fake gun fire. All the actors are dressed in period clothes. After the action they allow you to go up to the actors and horses to take pictures. Once back on the train alot of the actors go back to the station with you. This was the best part, the interaction with them was so memorable. They would scare the kids and then make them stand up and take pictures with them. The kids loved it and the adults couldn't stop laughing at all the fun.

2  Thank Kristina H
Reviewed July 8, 2013

At $18.00/person, you can save your money and just drive a few miles east on US 150 -and see the same thing - perhaps even more. The train windows were scratched and faded - views aren't worth the $$. Ok for a 1.5 hr train ride with a 15 minute stop at half-way. return ride is just the reverse of the initial ride. Think twice before doing this.

3  Thank tom s
Reviewed June 29, 2013

A friend & I decided to take the tour thinking it might be a scenic ride, but we were 1st disappointed at the so-called museum, what a joke! It's in an old & not very well maintained old building with a display so poor, I had to ask if this was it, I thought there must be a real museum in another building. The train arrived late, but first a train had arrived from Jasper, IN & looked to be in pretty decent condition. Thinking that was our train, we watched as that train emptied of passengers then headed west & our train arrived behind it. The cars looked dirty & old, but I didn't want to pass judgment until we had boarded. When we were finally allowed to board, but were told to wait as a tour group boarded first filling up the one good car with air conditioning. When we finally boarded, we found a seat in one of the older cars. We saw that there were seats upstairs & decided to go up there only to find that the windows were so dirty you couldn't see out of them. It looked like the windows were never cleaned downstairs either. So, we ran back down stairs where our seats were taken. We found other seats further back in the car & started talking to another couple who stated how hot & uncomfortable it was in the car. They left the train before it departed. The train crew later apologized for the lack of air conditioning saying it stopped working. It was nearly 90 degrees outside & at least that hot in the car. Everyone was fanning themselves mostly with fans bought in the train store adjacent to the "so called museum". I guess they knew it would be hot for them to push their hand fans. The ride itself was less than amusing. The guide would point out "land marks" along the way such as "the barn that someone converted into a house" & a house built in the 1850s. The view was lack luster to say the least. There were no scenic views of the southern Indiana hillside, just trees & an occasional home. If you just want to ride in a hot old train with low expectations then you might be satisfied. Otherwise, I'd pass on this so called adventure!

3  Thank Timothy F