“Best in French Lick”

Sinclair's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sinclair's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in French Lick
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Timeless in its beauty and stylishness, Sinclair's offers an impressive dinner menu and wine list. This restaurant is perfect for a romantic dinner for two, or a celebratory dinner for many. Named after Lee W. Sinclair, one of the original owners of West Baden Springs Hotel. Sinclair brought sophistication to Southern Indiana and transformed the hotel into a slice of European elegance in America. Located just off of the West Baden Springs Hotel Atrium.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed for three nights in the resort and nothing topped our dinner in Sinclairs. Excellent waiter--Aaron, beautiful room, excellent meal. Wine list lacks interesting choices.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

After a day of exploring the West Baden Springs Hotel and its grounds, I was ready for dinner in an elegant setting. Sinclair's turned out to be a good choice. It was a Sunday night. The weekend was over and the hotel seemed quiet. Only two couples were in the restaurant when I was seated. The dining room was well appointed and elegant. The wait staff was attentive but not obtrusive. I ordered a salad for the appetizer and fried scallops over a bed of risotto for the entree. Both were delicious.

I enjoyed the atmosphere and I enjoyed the meal. Dinner completed a good day at the West Baden Springs Hotel

2  Thank DoctorPaul
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We took our favorite daughter No. 1 to West Baden Springs for brunch and ate at the Cafe next to Sinclair's (not open for lunch). We were promptly seated but a couple who had been waiting for a table for 10 minutes before we showed up was left behind. I asked the waiter who seated us why the couple was not seated and her response was that they (wait staff) were waiting to clear a table for two. This was indeed odd as there were at least 2 tables for two, cleaned, set up and ready. In fact, this couple was seated long after we placed our orders and our drinks were served. ???
Anyway, Marva, our marvelous waitress with a great personality took our brunch orders and I took her advice re. the fries to accompany the Traditional Club Sandwich. Excellent advice as my sandwich was very tasty and the fries were super. In fact, our daughter helped herself to my fries several times. We all declared our dishes as winners and it was a lovely Sunday brunch at the hotel which has been beautifully restored largely through the efforts and money of Bill Cook (RIP), the wonderful businessman who shared his wealth with his hometown (Bloomington) and Indiana.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were a little disappointed at the service and food at Sinclair's. The wait staff seemed really overwhelmed. The food was certainly acceptable, but compared to the high levels of service and quality at the hotel, it was not up to par.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

WWe were staying in the hotel and had dinner reservations last night. We had a group of 16 for 7:30pm and they knew that we were coming. First we were not able to order off the regular menu...they had a set menu for our group, of which we did not know about ahead of time. I had read the reviews ahead of time, was looking forward to dinner, and knew what I wanted to order. Unfortunately, we weren't given the option. Then we had one waitress for coctails, one waitress for wine, and one waitress for food. It took forever just to get drinks, and not everybody got theirs. It took forever to get our food, 9:30pm, and some of it wasn't right. We all had ordered dessert, but the waitresses started trying to pass out the checks. Not individual checks, but one for all of the cotails, one for all of the food, and one for the rest of the drinks.. I had to tell them that we would appreciate receiving our dessert FIRST! It was one debacle after another. The wait staff was rude much of the time and it was 10:30pm before we were able to leave! For West Baden being such a high end hotel, this restaurant was horrible. Don't waste your money. Will go to 1875 next time!

3  Thank lislog