“Good PIzza, a little over priced”
Review of Pluto's Pizzeria

Pluto's Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Pluto's Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 30 Restaurants in French Lick
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in Pluto's Alley underneath the Spa at French Lick Springs Hotel, Pluto's Pizzeria offers a variety of homemade calzones, stromboli and pizza served whole or by the slice. In the hotel's heyday the Pluto bar served hot or cold Pluto water piped directly from the spring. Guests at the hotel were encouraged to drink the water praised for its seemingly limitless health benefits.
Dickson, Tennessee
“Good PIzza, a little over priced”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The pizza was average. I was staying at the hotel and it was convenient. It was open late and near the arcade for the kids.

Visited January 2014

USA
“Frozen all the way”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Nothing tasted like real home made food. Frozen and then heated or microwaved. It also was very noisy and there was no way one could carry on a conversation at our table.

Visited November 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Captive Audience”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

It's the only pizza you can get in the hotel, and the only relatively quick and inexpensive food option. The monopoly shows in the quality of the pizza. Had it on a previous trip and it was disappointing, this trip it was equally disappointing. Skip unless you have to avail yourself.

Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good food, way too overpriced”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The food itself was good quality, but much too expensive for what we got. I ordered a lobster bisque, which was way too thick and creamy. I've had lobster bisque many times, and I've never seen it so thick. The taste of it, however, was quite good. My father ordered a $53 steak, but had to order a side dish for an extra charge. After asking the server's opinion, I ordered the Shrimp linguine as a main dish. He informed me that the white sauce was not too thick or creamy, but also not too thin either. (I didn't want it to be too heavy of a meal). However, it ended up being quite heavy. The taste of it was excellent, and the shrimp was definitely large. But with the thick lobster bisque, it was just too much. My mom ordered the crab cakes as her main meal, which were delicious. By the end, none of us could even consider having room for dessert. The experience overall was good, but too much money for what we got.

• Visited August 2013
Evansville, Indiana
“Fantastic dinner!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I visited with two other couples and had a wonderful dinner! We were lucky to be seated in the wine room, which offered wonderful ambiance and privacy. At no time did we feel rushed and it was lovely to be able to visit and enjoy the evening. The menu is excellent, with a fine assortment of cuts of meat and also seafood and other fare. My filet was perfectly prepared, and so tender I could have cut it with my fork. Sides can be served family style, or should I say steak house style. The corn with truffle sauce was outstanding - actually each side was terrific. Service was excellent and the staff knows the menu well. The presentation was also lovely.

The food is not inexpensive but then niether are the cuts of meat offered. If you're looking for something special -- this is it -- and we appreciated that. Ladies leave with a beautiful long stemmed red rose -- a nice touch!

• Visited July 2013