“Just ok, would not return”
Review of Pluto's Pizzeria

Pluto's Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Pluto's Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 30 Restaurants in French Lick
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in Pluto's Alley underneath the Spa at French Lick Springs Hotel, Pluto's Pizzeria offers a variety of homemade calzones, stromboli and pizza served whole or by the slice. In the hotel's heyday the Pluto bar served hot or cold Pluto water piped directly from the spring. Guests at the hotel were encouraged to drink the water praised for its seemingly limitless health benefits.
Reviewed April 2, 2012

1875 The Steakhouse was disappointing.

We ordered our $42 filets with a full pink center without red and they came out well done. We think there must have been some type of communication error with our server since when we sent them back he asked if we wanted them butterflied (which I would think would be for well done steaks again). I told him no we want a full pink center and one came back ok, the other well done. We ended up just eating them.

They did end up comping one of our steaks, which was nice. The steak fries weren't very good. The wedge salad and french onion soup were good. We plan to visit the resort again, but we will avoid 1875. I don't think the quality of the food is in line with the pricing. Even if our steaks were properly cooked, I don't think it would have been near worth the $42 per steak a la carte.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Split a salad, shared a bottle of mid-range wine, beef filet for her, NY Strip for me, total $190 with tip. Yikes!

1  Thank rrjjcc1953
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We visited last Friday late afternoon. Nice, fun atmosphere. We all got the fish special for Friday. All 4 of us were disappointed. Lots and lots of breading, very little fish. Was also in the fryer way too long. What fish that was there looked petrified. Found out after we left how disappointed each of us was. Should have sent back but we had to be somewhere else. Too bad.

1  Thank candyaa
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I have dined here several times. Each time we found the menu extensive (and varied), meals well prepared, and service professional. As the name of the restaurant implies, this is primarly a steak place. They do, offer at least a passable seafood menu for the non-beef inclined. Side items are ala-carte and portions are quite big. The staff was honest about the sizes and encouraged sharing. We ordered a variety of steaks and osso buco special. Meats were well prepared and tasty.

The dessert cart is impressive and they prepare several specialties tableside (e.g. Bananas Foster).

Decor is white table-cloth formal and the staff approaches service from that perspective. This includes handing out red roses to the women in the party at the conclusion of the meal.

The only real drawback to to the place is that it is busy and therefore sometimes loud. Prices are higher but the meals / service are well worth what they're charging. For fine dining this is probably one of the best places within 100 miles.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

My wife & I were there fro a show and were looking for the experience we read about. We arrived ahead of the crowd and still had to wait for our wine, appetiser and entre. We allowed 1 1/2 hrs for the meal....and that was not enough!. I had to remind the waitress twice we were there for the show and would she proceed with submitting our main course .....to which she said ...'Now?". We did not have time for desert. I had to get the Host to obtain our bill. Service---poor. Meal--the lobster bisque was good---not the best but good; prime rib-cooked exactly right but a bit overseasoned. The wine arrived with debris in the glass when poured, I refused and took a replacement bottle.
May have been an unfortunate fluke, but several items may not be an isolated incident.
I can't recomment this restaurant.

1  Thank miker163