“Nothing exceptional” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hagen's

Hagen's
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in French Lick
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Hagen's is clubhouse dining with a panoramic view of our Donald Ross Course. The restaurant is named for legendary golfer Walter Hagen who won the 1924 PGA Championship at the golf course. The menu features soups and salads to steaks and seafood. Guests can also sit at the expansive bar where gangster Al Capone was believed to have carved a message. Just don't sit in the wrong seat!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nothing exceptional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had dinner at Hagen's during our stay at the French Lick/West Baden complex. It was highly recommended by the hotel staff, but we found it a bit lacking. My steak which was ordered medium was nearly well done and somewhat tough and my cocktail was more water that spirits. The gold course view is lovely, but the food is only mediocre.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Chicago, Illinois
“A decent French Lick option.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The service was decent. The ribs my wife had fell off the bone. The turkey entree was tasty. Only complaint was the hot dog my daughter ordered off the adult menu for the "pretzle bread bun" which was not anything close to pretzle bread. The Nathans dog was also very greasy. I would higly recommend eating inside as although the view was very nice outside, the flys are plentiful and an unpleasant distraction.

Champaign, Illinois
“Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very good food at reasonable price. Our friend did say the steak selection has become more limited from years past.

Visited August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Better lunch place for me than dinner place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm a bit of a 'foodie,' I guess, so when traveling, I like to splurge on fine dining for the evening meal. I was with a men's golf group that heard Hagen's had ribs with a pretty good recommendation, so consensus ruled and this was where we went. The guys were generally satisfied, but I would have preferred a more upscale option like West Baden Hotel's "Sinclair's." If we were there for lunch, I would happily up them one star. The food did all arrive as ordered, hot, and in a timely manner. Staff friendly and mostly attentive. Beautiful views of Donald Ross golf course and spectacular sunset vista.
Note that Indiana state law does NOT allow you to bring a personal bottle of wine and pay a corkage fee; seems a bit backward to those of us who know and enjoy good wine.

1 Thank Bob D
Palm Desert, California
“Decent dining but their were a few issues.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Dined this weekend at Hagen’s Club House at the Donald Ross course, French Lick Resort in Indiana. The restaurant décor and atmosphere is very good for a pro shop type of establishment. We had a large group of 12 people and our server did a great job considering the size of our party. Food was slow getting out of the kitchen, but that might be expected. The noise level in the restaurant made communicating to members in our party a bit difficult. Also, the air conditioning was not working properly and it was a bit warm in the place. Pricing is reasonable and there is a fair amount of variety on the menu. I had a grilled salmon BLT which was very good. Several others had the Hagen ribs which they described as just OK. I would return to the restaurant, but try to find a quieter night and cooler weather.