“Anniversary Dinner”

Hagen's
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in French Lick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hagen's is clubhouse dining with a panoramic view of our Donald Ross Course. The restaurant is named for legendary golfer Walter Hagen who won the 1924 PGA Championship at the golf course. The menu features soups and salads to steaks and seafood. Guests can also sit at the expansive bar where gangster Al Capone was believed to have carved a message. Just don't sit in the wrong seat!
Schererville, Indiana
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went on a Tuesday night and they were very busy which the hostess said it was unusual to be that busy on a Tuesday night. We had one drink at the bar and they had a table for us outside over looking the golf course on their covered deck. The wait staff was very good and the wedge salad was delicious, My wife chose the ribeye and I ask for the twin medallions with asparagus very very good and cooked perfectly. I have read some reviews that said the drinks and food were over priced I however do not agree I think the dinner prices were a little lower than normal. A fine place to eat

Arizona
“food was fine, service was beyond my expectations”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We arrived as a party of 9 at 8:58 PM, 2 minutes before closing! I know that service and kitchen staff dread late arriving parties, but they served us in good cheer and allowed us to have a meal enjoying the superlative view from the outdoor seating area. Food was fine, but it was the service and setting that made the experience great.

Visited July 2013
Kokomo, Indiana
“One of the better places to eat in French Lick”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The restaurant is a little outside of town a few miles, not near the casino or West Baden. We ate outside which was OK except for the flies. They were all over the place. The food was decent for the price. Overall it was an enjoyable experience. I would consider eating inside next time due to all the flies though. The view of the golf course was great as was the service.

Bloomington, Indiana
“Disappointing food but nice view”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had hoped for a better experience but I left wishing i had gone somewhere else for dinner. The service is friendly but terribly slow. The drinks were overpriced and pretty mediocre. My group started with the spinach artichoke dip which seemed to contain no artichoke, and was more of a cheese dip than anything (I'm pretty sure it had cheddar cheese in it, although I don't know why). My friends were okay with it but I think that was more to do with them being starving from having to wait forty minutes for a table. The salads were straight out of a bag, and a cheap bag at that. Of the four of us two had decent food and two had disappointing food. The ribs were good (but not nearly as good as Porky's in Paoli), the fettuccine was good, but the mahi was flavorless, and the mashed potatoes were dry and bland. At least the view is good while you have to wait, and wait, and wait.

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“Bad food”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It is hard to believe that a restaurant could mess up a Caesar Salad, but Hagen's does. Dry lettuce and croutons with a drizzle of dressing is their version. The spinach and artichoke dip was burnt and the ribs, which is their signature dish, were dry.

1 Thank Donna V

Been to Hagen's? Share your experiences!