“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hagen's

Hagen's
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in French Lick
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Hagen's is clubhouse dining with a panoramic view of our Donald Ross Course. The restaurant is named for legendary golfer Walter Hagen who won the 1924 PGA Championship at the golf course. The menu features soups and salads to steaks and seafood. Guests can also sit at the expansive bar where gangster Al Capone was believed to have carved a message. Just don't sit in the wrong seat!
Cincinnati
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

First of all, Hagen's is actually located at 11160 W St Rd 56 (The Donald Ross Golf Course). The 8670 address is the French Lick Springs Hotel, which owns Hagen's. (A shuttle from French Lick Springs Hotel will take you to Hagen's).

The food was delicious and reasonably priced. One of the best meals we had at French Lick. Nice relaxed atmosphere at the club house.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Violet164

River Forest, Illinois
“Good as it gets!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

Just because you are in a small town does not mean you have to sacrifice and accept lower quality food than in a big city. I took my son on a golf holiday to French Lick and after he played the Ross course we decided to have lunch at Hagen's. There are not too many choices for dining in French Lick, Indiana so we assumed we would have to be satisifed with the meal offered. We were pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere at first and the great view, followed by great food. We went back another time for another meal because we liked it so much. The wait staff was pleasant and made us feel right at home. I have to admit they lived up to the stereotype that goes with a small town, very hospitable and friendly. My son had the chili which was wonderful to take the chill out of him from 18 holes in 40 degree weather. He followed it up with the fish and chips. They were so good because they were fresh and real pieces of fish as opposed to the minced and re-formed kind at some other places. I had the corn crab bisque which was creamy, sweet with a slight spice, too. My soup came with a half of a sandwich which was delightful as well. The second time we went I had the restaurants version of Hot Brown. I guess this is some kind of hillbilly food. Never saw it on a menu in Chicago, but I can say it was good roasted turkey with spicy tomatoes on toast and a creamy parmesan sauce on the side. It was good comfort food and with the sauce on the side I could control the real calories. The real showstopper was the Caramel Apple Pie. It was super special that we came home, e mailed the chef and he sent me the recipe. I cannot wait to try to replicate it. It is like no other pie ever. It has a shortbread crust and custar , apples and caramel. It was very good. We recommend this restaurant without question. The only negative is that they charged us $2 to share the apple pie. They did not cut it in two pieces and plate twice. They merely charged us for the extra fork. We are not accustomed to this. It was already about $7 so the pie cost us $9. The second time we ordered we left out the sharing part. I had a couple bites just like the first time because my son wolfed down most of the pie.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Pierry
Indiana
“Favorite place to eat in French Lick”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Beautiful historic golf course with large clubhouse and wrap-around deck that overlooks the massive Donald Ross fairways. We love eating here! They have a full bar as well as outdoor seating, but the food is excellent. Try the corn chowder or fish n' chips. They also have a good selection of steaks and sandwiches and desserts. It's a fun atmosphere in a wonderful setting!

• Visited October 2011