“We Chose This Restaurant Based on Tripadvisor Reviews”
Review of 33 Brick Street

33 Brick Street
Ranked #10 of 28 Restaurants in French Lick
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 33 Brick Street is a restaurant with great food and an extensive sports memorabilia collection, including many of French Lick's own, Larry Bird's items.
Terre Haute
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We Chose This Restaurant Based on Tripadvisor Reviews”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We visited at 11 a.m. on a Sunday. Business was just starting to pick up. We had a little difficulty finding the restaurant since we didn't know our way around. It was just a few blocks from the French Lick Resort on, of course, a brick street! Not a lot of parking except in a lot down the street. My husband loved all the sports memorabilia. The hand breaded tenderloin was just OK, the fries good, and the brick chips which we sampled, were not our cup of tea. The coffee was fresh and very good. The service was good, although as I said, they were not yet busy. The waitress said on Saturday night there was an hour and a half wait! There were plenty of choices on the menu. We are used to the best of tenderloins at the Saratoga Restaurant in Terre Haute, Indiana, so that's why I said the 33 Brick Street was just "OK"

1 Thank Laura M

Cunot, IN
“Good Service and a huge serving!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I spent the day at a local wood carvers festival, about 2:30 we started smelling something wonderful. We decided on a whim to try 33 Brick Street. We were greeted by a very friendly waiter, and seated right away. He took the time to chat with us shortly about our day, and if we were enjoying the festival, while waiting to take our order. We started with the onion rings for an appitizer, the remoulade sauce was fantastic, they arrived quickly and very hot. We decided to splurge and each ordered a 12oz ribeye steak. I got the side salad with their balsamic vinegrette (quite yummy) and the roasted asparagus, my husband got the german potatoes and steamed broccoli. When our meals arrived, the waiter jokingly asked if we would like to ruin our steaks with A1, I said well yes of corse. We were both amazed by the size of our steaks, they were very big, and both were cooked to perfection, mine med-rare, and his med-well. My husband really like his potatoes, but found his broccoli a little bland and kinda tough, he had to cut it with a steak knife. On the other side, my asparagus was grilled excellently, and had a wonderful flavor, we also really enjoyed the garlic texas toast they served with it. I might add, the A1 never was opened!! When the waiter brought our carry out boxes, he mentioned that our steaks were more like 16oz or better, (I believe it too, they were very large) he said that they hand cut them, and the chef must have been a little heavy handed. I must admit it was a little pricey, $6.95 for the onion rings, and $20.99 each for the steak dinners, so this isn't something we would do often, but when you want to spoil each other a little bit, it's so worth it.

1 Thank Tari H
“Sports galore”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The place sounded fun. Larry Bird's collection of sports memorabilia and some good food. The first part was excellent but the last part was not so great. Plenty of jerseys, rings, trophies, and autographs but the food was average. The barbeque chicken sandwich was small. My wife's chicken soup was overly spicy. My pulled pork sandwich was OK. Service was fine but the place was empty at 8 o'clock on a Thursday night. We probably wouldn't go back.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank bimmer1
Orleans, Indiana
“'The Special' not what was advertised.”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We heard this resturant was good and reasonably priced.
We arrived about 3 p.m. and ordered 'The Special' as advertised on the chalkboard out front. Meatloaf, butter potatoes and green beans. As the resturant was half empty, we were promptly seated and it is nicely decorated with an eclectic selection of signed professional sports jerseys. Nice. Waitress began complaining about having had a 'bad day'. She rattled off 'The Special': meatloaf, butter potatoes, green beans and salad. Great. Our salad arrived, iceburg lettuce that smelled like bagged lettuce that was past it's use by date. We each ate only a couple bites.
Someone else brought our lunch plate which was half meatloaf and half green beans. I stared at plate, thinking he would place the potatoes on the table in a separate bowl. No - he left. While we waited for someone to check on us so we could tell her we didn't receive our potatoes, we continued to stare at the crumbled up ground beef on our plate. Definately NOT meat 'loaf'. I understand it was past the lunch hour but this mess looked NASTY.
When we finally got the attention of the waitress she explained that she had substituted the salad because they were out of potatoes. She did NOT state that when we ordered but rattled off, 'meatloaf, butter potatoes, green beans and salad'. She offered to check on the ETA of more potatoes but came back to our table, 'He said he could substitute German fries but I told him nobody would want that.'
When we received out bill, we noted she had taken off the price of our tea.

2 Thank BarbaraLynnS
Centralia, Illinois
“DO NOT GO HERE! RUDE AND TERRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had to wait about 30 minutes to get a table, which we thought wouldn't be bad, because it seemed like a nice restaraunt. We had eaten a late lunch, so we thought we would get an appetizer and some dessert. We finally got a table, and waited for about 15 minutes before a waitress even came to the table to get our order. Our appetizer came about 15 minutes after that. And then.....we waited.....and waited...and no waitress to be found. I spotted her waiting on a table near with a big party, which appeared to be her only table. We are patient people who generally never complain, so we waited about 10 more minutes. 25 minutes later, I finally chase the waitress through the restaraunt yelling excuse me and she would not stop. I find a waiter and a manager at the bar, and tell them what has happened. They finally get my ticket, no apologies, and make us pay the full amount. Absolutely the WORST dining experience I have ever had.

Visited August 2012