“Excellant Waterpark fun.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bedford, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellant Waterpark fun.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

Bedford Middle School Band took a group of 180 students for an evening of waterpark fun. A fun night it was. The staff was very friendly and helped us with any needs we had. For a small fee, the student's each recieved a boxed meal. The process of feeding each student went very smooth. The waterpark also provided student's with towels as well. As the evening ended, towels had been used up that had been provided, Kids being kids, some I'm sure had used more than one. So some kids didn't have towels to dry off with. The courteous staff they were, quickly brought out new towels without hesitation. A thank you goes out to the waterpark staff for helping us make some great memories for the kids.

Visited February 2011
2 Thank BMSband
abrames, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark & Resort, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you so much for your recent post about your group event at Big Splash Adventure. We are so glad that your group had a good time. We look forward to having your group again!
Management

Central Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Very Nice Hotel and Waterpark”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

We just returned home from our annual President's Day Weekend getaway. This year we chose to go somewhere different other than our usual trip to Carribbean Cove Indoor Waterpark in Indianapolis. We chose Big Splash Adventure at Valley of the Springs Resort in French Lick, Indiana.
The Resort was a little out of the way, coming from our town in Central illinois. We had to drive hilly, back country roads to reach French Lick.
Valley of the Springs Resort and Big Splash Adventure complex sits at the top of a rather big hill. The driveway up to the resort is rather steep, but once up to the top, the parking lot is large and level.
Check in time is at 4pm, and although we arrived early, at 2:30 our room wasn't ready yet, so we got our armbands and we could of went ahead into the waterpark, we chose to wait until our room was ready.
Finally at 3:45 our room was ready. We booked the 2 room suite, and were so glad we did. It had one room with a king sized bed, 2 bunk beds, and a pull out couch, as well as a full bathroom, microwave, and a dorm room size fridge. The other room had a queen size bed, and a half bath with a stand up shower and toilet, as well as another sink. The suite was nice and clean with fresh smelling linens on the beds. The bathrooms were also nice and clean, with bigger than normal hotel bathtowels that were actually somewhat soft. The kids really liked the bunk beds, except for the completely vertical ladder, to access the top bunk. My 4 year old had a hard time climbing down the ladder.
The waterpark was really nice too. The kids loved the variety of different water slides than Carribbean Cove. The lifeguards were paying attention to the people in the water and were very professional in their jobs.
We were leary of trying the pizza from the waterpark snack bar due to previous reviews, but were tired and didn't want to go out. The pizza was pretty good. Lots of cheese and toppings, but could of used a few more spices. We also ordered breadsticks. They were also hot and tasty, but I didn't much care for the "cheese" sauce. It tasted like watered down melted butter more than cheese. I also didn't like the fact that there weren't any refills on soft drinks.
The waterpark game room, didn't have a whole lot of games, and the prizes weren't very good either.
With our room we chose the free breakfast option. The food was hot and ok, but nothing special. The buffet included a cold cereal bar, and hot food bar with french toast sticks, grits, pancakes, biscuits n gravy, sausage patties, and Dole fruit cup. Breakfast also included your choice of orange juice, water, or coffee.
The hotel entrance can be hard to find if it's your first visit. The web site says the entrance to Valley of the Springs resort is across from French Lick Resort and Casino. Actually there is a Subway directly across the road from the entrance. The French Lick Resort and "Casino is a further down the road.

Visited February 2011
2 Thank 4KIDSMOM69
abrames, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark & Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. We value our guest's opinions greatly and appreciate your comments! We are so glad that your kids enjoyed the variety of attractions in the water park and are happy to hear that our two room suite worked best to accommodate your family. Once again we thank you for your posting and are thrilled to hear that you and your family had a good time. Thank you so much for driving the extra distance to check us out! We look forward to having you as a guest again soon!
Management
Springville, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“awesome water-park but needs more staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

My family and I went to Big Splash for New Years Eve. We've been there before and we love it, however for such a crowded time I felt they were very under staffed and the few that were there were young and inexperienced(in my opionion). At one point, a male lifeguard was standing in the corner talking to a "girl" friend, not doing his job at all. Near the end of the night, someone almost drowned. I came back from an hour at the casino to find ambulances, police, fire trucks everywhere. Then, a few minutes later it lightening one time and they closed down-with two hours remaining. My children had been with older siblings and had arrived back @ 10:30, so they got almost no fun in and was so terrified by the policeman who ran in, tripped, and almost knocked one of them down. And one of the life guards was yelling"oh my God, I think he's dead", so my kids were ready to go home anyway. We were not offered any kind of refund. I could have almost predicted something like this would happen with such little staff and the way the one guy was acting. I really love this place, i just wish they would hire more staff and make sure they do their jobs. I will definetely be back and I recommend it, but please keep kids by your side.

Visited December 2010
3 Thank AbbeyWatson
abrames, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark & Resort, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
Hello AbbeyWatson,
Thank you for your recent post on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you have had pleasant experiences at Big Splash Adventure in the past. I assure you that our lifeguards go through an extensive training process as well as a rotation process. There are always 2 guards that are essentially off of their post. One is a supervisor and one is a guard that is on break. It is possible that the individuals you saw speaking with a guest were those individuals. They get asked questions all of the time. Unfortunately I was not there so I am unaware of which guards it was and essentially am unable to identify them. We did have a small child that had wondered away from their parents care. The child was not breathing and staff was unable to determine a pulse. CPR was successfully administered resulting in the resuscitation of the patient. The child was conscious and alert during the transportation to the hospital by ambulance. The child was later transported to a hospital for monitoring where they were released and sustained no damages. It is standard procedure for us to remove all guests from the water park when lightning is occurring as it is dangerous for anyone to be around water when lightning is taking place. Once again we thank you for your comments and if you would like to discuss your review further, please feel free to contact me at abrames@bigsplashadventure.com or 812-936-6903.
Audrey Brames
Lawrenceville, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Kids had fun, but this place needs some improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2010

Me and my family just went to the water park on a day pass. I was really suprised when I got there how few the staff was. When you walk in you are in an arcade, and that is where you get your tickets. We had to wait in line behind an army of kids cashing in their arcade tickets for 30 min before we could even get our tickets to in the water park. Also we found out that girl that sold us the ticket is the only girl working their besides the life guards! We were having problems with our lockers working, and couldn't get any help because she couldn't leave the front desk to help us. Also my son is 3 when we purchased the ticket she didn't tell us he had to where a life jacket. We were in the water park for an hour before we were "whistled" out by a life guard who said he had to have one on. Which they do supply, but their isn't any sign up saying an age that has to wear them or anything. And when we got ready to leave their were 2 roaches in our locker. Which I know could have come off someone else's clothes, but it's still gross. The water park its self is WONDERFUL! It's small, but very worth the money, and the kids love it. It had three large slides You have to be taller to ride the slides their then a holiday world, so my son wasn't able to ride those, but they do have 2 smaller ones he LOVED. You will keep them happy for hours. The food is pricey, a pizza is 17 bucks but I expected that. It they get better staffing in their..that knows what they are doing... if really could be a nice place.

1 Thank Mistydawn_00
Seymour, Indiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Loved this resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

Very clean! Rooms and water park! Safe water park with one entrance and exit so older kids can have more freedom! Life guards, refreshment workers, and front desk so friendly! Breakfast was included in our package, it was hot and very good. Things for both older children and younger to enjoy! Close to casino and West Baden!

2 Thank Peaceful275
abrames, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark & Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Thank you so much for your posting. We are very happy to hear that you and your family had a good time at our facility. We hope to see you again soon.
Managment