“Average....needs some improvements.”

Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark & Resort
“Average....needs some improvements.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We are actually here right now...a day trip. My kids seem to be having a great time, but one of them has huge scratches on his back from one of the water slides. I heard several others complain too. Another, even bigger problem. We stood in the food line for about an hour. Also in the same line were people buying day passes. Those should be two separate lines.

Visited April 2013
BSA_Manager, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark & Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent posting. We are glad to hear that you had a good time. We do apologize that you had to wait in line. We usually do have extra cashiers during this busy time to assist with the purchase of day passes. We assure you that we will make sure that happens in the future! Again, thank you for your review and we hope to have you back as guests again soon!

IN
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun family weekend!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family and I (husband and two children) had a wonderful family weekend at Big Splash Adventure. Right away I noticed the huge parking problem. As we arrived (around 2pm) I noticed there were ZERO parking spaces. Literally... NONE! Even out in the gravel/dirt where dozens of other vehicles parked, there were no spaces left. We had reservations to this hotel and had no where to park! After sitting for about 20 minutes, we found a spot way out yonder, and my husband was able to get move our vehicle to a closer spot a few hours later. Our room was nice and clean, my children loved their bunk beds. My only complaint within our room was that the bed pillows were very flat. I was glad I packed a few from home because they were definitely needed. While I have no other complaints about our actual room, I will say that the location is something I would request to change the next time we visit. Our room was on the 2nd floor, right outside of the elevators. Not only did we have the noise from the elevators, but the 2nd floor is also the entrance to the water park, which made it extra noisy. I was appreciative for the sign outside of our room saying "Mandatory quiet time from 10pm-8am" and for the most part it was quiet, but not completely. I felt like privacy was a concern since our room was right in front of the main elevators going to the water park for hotel guests. There was typically quite a few people lingering around the elevators so anytime our door had to be opened to enter/exit, everyone could see right in. For dinner we decided to try out the Boatyard Restaurant. The buffet was seriously lacking. Pretty sub-par actually. Aside from the salad (can't really go wrong there), the hot items were less than desirable. You could tell the chicken breasts were frozen grilled chicken breasts, not cooked fresh (my mother buys these, there is no mistaking the taste or texture). The meat balls were also frozen pre-cooked and not good at all. The ribs were extremely tough. We were highly disappointed that we spent $37 for food no one wanted. We ended up going and spending another $15 on a pepperoni pizza at the Galley Grill to satisfy our hunger. The hot breakfast buffet that was included in the price of our room wasn't too bad, but I find it much harder to mess up breakfast foods than dinner. Our children also enjoyed playing in the arcade, but several games had "Out of Order" signs on them, and others were out of order with no sign indicating so (and only finding out after you feed the game tokens). We did have to request to have a table cleared off so we could have a place to sit and eat. A lot of tables were unattended, but had lots of trash left on them. The water park was clean, crowded (as to be expected), but well staffed. I do wish the lifeguards would help keep the Lost River from being a free-for-all. There were numerous kids pushing and shoving their way through instead of waiting their turn and staying in line. As a family of small children, this was a concern because older children and teenagers disregarded my children's safety. I found myself wondering why those in a hurry were even in the "lazy river" if they were in such a hurry? Overall we had a wonderful time and I can definitely see us returning sometime.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank MomOf2IND
BSA_Manager, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark & Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review. We are so glad to hear that you had a good time and plan on visiting us again in the future! I will pass on your comments concerning the food to our Food and Beverage team as well as your concerns of the arcade games being out of order. Overall we are glad to hear that you had a great time and felt the water park was adequately staffed! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Henryville, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A very unhappy birthday.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was very happy at first with Jennifer who worked with me to set up my son's birthday party. When the morning of the party arrived we had very hazardous road conditions with snow and Ice where I live,about 2 hours from Big Splash. I called the hotel at 7:38am well before we were to leave to see what there policy was on rescheduling. The person who answered the phone told me that they would allow you to reschedule one time and I again asked if he was sure that it was ok and he said yes. So I called the other parents who were going to bring their children to us to bring there. I called back at 8:22 to reschedule and was told that the person who does that was not in and they would transfer me and leave the manager a message to call me because i again asked if they were sure they could do this. Again I was told yes, I wish I had the name of the person I spoke with! So message left, I had my boyfriend call to get a hold of the manager so I could make double sure, he called at 8:51am and then again at 10:23am to speak with the manager who both times was busy with customers. The 2nd time he called was after our time to leave here and get there in time. Today she called me at 12:52 and claimed to have left me a message yesterday which in fact she did not, said she found it on her desk this morning so which was it did someone mess up again. Anyway she tells me that they do not reschedule after the cake is ordered. I told her I would pay for the cake but I wanted to at least be able to use the passes and reschedule the party. She told me there was nothing she could do and I would have to wait for Jennifer to call me who set up the party. It makes me very mad and upset that she would lie to me about calling me. The staff needs to be better informed of the policies in place and Management needs to take responsibility for the mistakes that the employees make. Its not like I was lying about the snow and ice, I didn't want to cancel and disappoint my child like that. I had to work a lot of overtime and save up for this party. Someone should take responsibility and fix their mistakes. I will not be going back there and that is too bad because the kids really enjoyed it when we have gone in the past. I can't support a place that doesn't take responsibility for the employee lack of knowledge and actions for customers.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Patricia P
BSA_Manager, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark & Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent post. We do apologize for any inconvenience we caused you. I am glad that you were able to work with our General Manager to reschedule your party. We look forward to your party and assure you a pleasant experience is our utmost goal.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice, clean fun time for families”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to Big Splash for New Year's Eve, The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and well kept. The staff did a nice job of celebrating New Years' for the kids. There are four large slides in the park, a smaller area for younger kids with smaller slides and water guns, etc. The lazy river is nice and somewhat relaxing. The water temp was warm. The kids really enjoyed the lily pad cross too. Lots to do for an afternoon and then the next morning, I don't think we would stay much longer that. My only complaint is that the chlorine is really strong. Really strong. That's a blessing and a curse. You know it's clean but you sort of needed some fresh air occasionally. Overall, glad we went.

Visited December 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent post! We are so glad you decided to share New Years Eve with us and that you had a great time! We hope to have you back again soon.
La Grange, Kentucky
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fun family trip, great for all ages”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast buffet that's included is a great deal. The kids had so much fun and we enjoyed the fact that the water park wasn't so big you couldn't find the kids.

Visited April 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent post! We hope to have you back again soon.