“Fun family trip, great for all ages”

Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark & Resort
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast buffet that's included is a great deal. The kids had so much fun and we enjoyed the fact that the water park wasn't so big you couldn't find the kids.

BSA_Manager, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent post! We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I read the reviews before going but thought many people were being pessimistic. I was wrong, very over priced! The customer service is ok, the food is very over cooked!!! I know that indoor pools need a lot of chlorine, and it was a little small water park, but it was fun. The rooms were ok, nothing to ravish about. I think there are a lot of other places I would rather stay out that would have been a bit more fun for the same money. The area is not very good and there really is nothing to do in the little town. I was thinking it was going to be more like Tunica, but its not. Not worth the money!!! We bought our trip on groupon for 175! So I would not way pay full fee at 300!!!

2  Thank ashvoisine
BSA_Manager, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review. We are glad to hear that you had a good time. The Groupon price does include a lot of extra activities including the Santa Workshop, Shotz tickets, kiddie barrel train tickets, etc., which creates a larger value than just the water park and breakfast. Room rates do vary throughout the year and can start as low as $129. We do hope that you will consider our facility again in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Big Splash waterpark is great for kids of all ages. My 18 month old had an area to play in: included a small slide, swings and a splash area. My 7 and 5 year old enjoyed the "playground" part of the park - there are two medium tube slides and lots of water guns. They also enjoyed the deeper pool (it had basketball hoops and balls) and also an area with monkey bars (ropes) and lily pads underneath. There are four big slides for the braver children! Mine were too chicken to ride. But I was able to ride one of the big slides! Fun! The waterpark was great!
However, the arcade area of the park - where you can get pizza and snacks - was very messy and dirty. The arcade area was very disappointing...most of the games were out of order and most of the games didn't have any tickets to dispense (which is what the kids want!) The attendant on duty was very nice and gave us a written note with the amount of tickets we thought we were owed...but he wasn't able to even get in touch with a manager to solve the problem. The hotel itself was ok. It was very basic, nothing fancy. Rooms were fine, not great. The seemed clean. The restaurant in the hotel was ok. Dinner was mediocre...breakfast buffet was good. Kids liked the french toast sticks. The waterpark is not very big, so you can only spend a few hours there at a time, if that.

1  Thank dancingdaisies

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review. We are glad to hear that you had a good time. We will let the Galley managers know about the arcade games. We do hope that you will return. Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at the water park on a Friday, following a major holiday. The upside is that I was pleasently surprised by the room. Our suite was very clean, well maintained, and comfortable. There was a rather large snow storm during our stay and I was pleased that the drive and parking lot were promptly cleared.

In terms of the water park I was quite unimpressed. Life guards through out the park were not only minimal (one or less per attraction) but were often not paying attention to the area they were responsible for. A rather young workforce I often found them huddled in groups, shouting across the room to each other, or starring off somewhere else. They seemed more consumed with socializing than safety. There was one inparticular who was inclredible and actually used his whistle to enforce the pool rules. Over our two days, this was rare. Surprised that the water slide line moved so swiftly, I soon found out why. Life guards do not make sure that a person made it safely down before sending the next rider. On the blue and yellow water slide with the funnel type section, many riders were getting stuck and often multiple tubers were in the funnel at one time sometimes running in to each other. Multiple times during our stay younger children got stuck and were instructed by lifeguards to stand up to move the tube, which seemed rather unsafe. The lines for the tube slides and body slides use the same stairs so there was a lot of squeezing by and running. Seperate lines would be much better. Many attractions had no lifeguard on duty and it was free for all for the children playing.

The restroom/shower facilities at the waterpark are also inadequate for the number of guests. There were only 2 womens changing rooms in the shower area, and they were so small that a mother and child could not use them together. Also there were very few showers. My daughter and I ended up showring and dressing in the same shower stall. There are no mirrors in the shower area. For a mirror you must leave the water park and go to the arcade restroom. The park also ran out of towels and did not replenish for several hours. .

Additional activities would also be a bonus. We are used to staying at indoor parks with many other activities and food options. There are several nearby attractions which are nice.

The free breakfas was decent, and the line moves quickly.

I would not spend the money to stay at this resort again. Next time we will go to Great Wolfe Lodge. The Big Splash aquatic team could glean from the safety measures in place at Great Wolfe Lodge.

2  Thank Kyla W

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent review. I'm glad to hear that you had a good time and thought the breakfast was good. I do apologize about your experience with the lifeguards. Your review will be shared with our staff for training purposes. In terms of changing rooms, we also have an additional 4 changing rooms in the Galley area. We will also consider posting mirrors in the bathrooms. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very nice water park for the area - not that large though. No real complaints except for the fact that they charge parents to enter the pool are even if they aren't swimming. We were not staying at the hotel though - to be clear- we were "walk ins". I would be ok with a small "fee" but they wanted to charge full price whether you swim or not ....that is ridiculous. We enjoyed spending time new years eve there and they had a nice party for the kids - but we would not make a special trip to stay at this water park.

BSA_Manager, Manager at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent posting. We do charge admittance to the park just like any theme park. Therefore, anyone that enters the park does have to pay. We do hope that you will visit us again in the future!