Artists Inn & Cottages
Comfort Suites French Lick(French Lick)(Great Value!)
$110
Best Western Plus French Lick(French Lick)(Great Value!)
$109
$209
$178
Preferred Hotels
$159
$145
West Baden Springs Hotel(West Baden Springs)
$259
$212
Preferred Hotels
$50
$49
Spring Mill Inn(Mitchell)
$88
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 7, 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Artist Inn recently and shared the Louella's Garden room at the Inn. The first thing to know is the Inn has a shared bath upstairs. On the Inns web page it doesn't speak of private baths being provided, but it doesn't speak of three rooms sharing one bath either. I find this somewhat deceptive, and on my part, I guess I should have asked. Either way, it is something to be aware of! The room was comfortable and quiet although very small. There is nowhere to place your things other than on the floor with the exception of a wooden chair tucked away in a corner. We managed, but I feel that the price was quite high for a tiny room with a shared bath. Also note there is no TV in Louella's room. No big deal for us, but to others, it might be. There is a TV downstairs in the main living area of the home available. Luckily for us, the shared bath worked out okay since we never ran in to the occupants of the other rooms upstairs. If someone had a health issue or something where they required a private bathroom available at all times, they would be in trouble. The innkeeper was very friendly.

Room Tip: I don't know about the other rooms as far as the size and perhaps the one room downstairs does have a private bath, but my suggestion to you is call and ask questions first before booking! There are NO REFUNDS at the Artists Inn. For the price you pay, you need to fully know what you get.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I read review on chapmans from 9/21 and had to place this; wife and i stayed just 3 days before on 9/18and9/19 and the person placing review is confused ; stove was clean with normal wear; place was immaculate; cosy and comfy with beautiful well kept gardens; private isolated porch for sitting ; cottage is peppered with original indiana art; it was like staying at Granma's. took 10 min to walk to Casino and downtown; kitchen was ok for cooking; i felt the owner is WELL invested in making your stay a pleasant unobtusive one.

Room Tip: visited the inn also looked like a museum
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank stephen h
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Be aware -- you pay for these rooms and cottages up front. If you are dissatisfied, there is no refund. They get your money no matter what. For the cost, you are better off staying at The Comfort Inn or French Lick Resort. The cottage was "somewhat" clean. The surroundings are old and cared for minimally -- there is no passion from the owners invested in this property, inside or out.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy J
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I, along with my sister and her husband had a wonderful stay at Amelia's over Labor Day weekend! The small 2 bedroom, 1 bath house is right next to the Artist's Inn, and both, along with other nearby properties are owned and operated by artist, Vesta Seville. The neighborhood is quiet and peaceful. The garden that separates Amelia's from the inn is beautiful and there are nice outdoor furnishings on both front porches and out behind Amelia's! Nice to sit outside with a glass of the yummy French Lick wine and enjoy!

We love Amelia's. It truly is like walking into ( depending on your age) your Grandma's or an Aunt's house, in my case, definitely an Aunt:) Anyway, it is straight out of the 70's! But, very tastefully done. That look, in my opinion, is very challenging to pull off while remaining tasteful - Vesta was right on with her selections! Not overdone but interesting, homey, accessories throughout with attention to details! Yes, the stove is old, along with the fridge and washer/dryer.... And I appreciated that.... It was all part of the overall charm. Everything was in excellent working condition. Although we didn't cook any full meals, the kitchen seemed well equiped for an average cook's needs. The only thing we needed that we couldn't find was a pitcher for iced tea, but we were able to improvise with the coffee pot and we survived;) Each bedroom had an individually controlled air conditioner- nice! There was a king bed in one and a queen in the other- both were very comfortable with nice linens and attractive decor. Each bedroom had a nice big closet with a small table tucked inside for small items (nice). Only thing I would suggest for the closet is to add a few slacks hangers. Extra linens, blankets, pillows, and towels were available from the hallway closet. The bathroom is situated between the two bedrooms. Great water pressure and plenty of hot water for 4 adults to shower.
The vanity in the bathroom is very small, so a portable lighted make up mirror would be nice addition so one person could sit at the kitchen table and work on their makeup while somebody else was showering. We managed just fine as is, just a suggestion!
Vesta has several of her beautiful paintings incorporated into the decor: she is very talented. There are also interesting art and decorating books inviting you to take a peek between their covers - all nice touches!
I don't think this rental would be comfortable for 6 adults, but would probably be fine for 4 adults and 1 or 2 small children.
If you stay, ask Vesta if you can tour the Inn. Again, very tastefully decorated, homey, and inviting! More of her work on display, along with other artists (including John Mellencamp's mother- exciting- who knew?) Also, Vesta has a small studio in the garage of Amelia's - she just may show you some of her "secret art stash" :):) she also offers classes there!
Well, I have gone on and on, so I will stop! In summary, if you are not the type of person who demands perfection and brand new everything - you will love staying at Amelia's - or any of the other properties, I'm sure! Very clean, relaxing, and homey......lots of charm!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank kmacIndiana
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Three couples shared the whole B&B. The rate did not include breakfast since Vesta discounts the rate if one uses the entire house. The kitchen was well equipped and had updated appliances. The bedrooms were nicely decorated and comfortable. Each room has it's own AC so you can control your temperature. There is cableTV and Wi-Fi. There is a lovely porch with furniture, as well as gazebo and outdoor furniture behind the building. There is minimal cleanup required before departure. We enjoyed the sight seeing opportunities such as the French Lick Winery, and the West Baden Hotel. We have been to the hotel several times, but we never tire of the beauty and are amazed of the restoration from the ruins of it's past. French Lick is a great place to get away to, and the Artist's Inn is the perfect place to stay to really enjoy it.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends